Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

Private attorney for US President brokers shady deals with foreign nations at the behest of said President. I mean, odds were good that Giuliani would take down his own boss eventually, but they could have done a better job of obfuscating the part about a non-government official running point on this.

EDIT: forgot link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d44_story.html

'Associates' seems pretty apt here. Looking forward to see how Orange Pol Pot Twit-eacts to the arrests...
Last edited by Canelek; 10-10-2019 at 12:49 PM..
Old 10-10-2019, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Turkish president Erdoğan threatens to send 3.6 million refugees to Europe.

The Turkish president has threatened to “open the gates” for Syrian refugees in his country to migrate to Europe if the continent’s countries label Turkey’s military campaign in north-eastern Syria an “occupation.” As he spoke, Turkish warplanes and artillery continued to strike border towns in north-eastern Syria on Thursday, hours after its troops crossed into the region to wrest it from U.S.-backed Kurdish forces.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:22 PM
Banned

turkey has been "tanking" undesired economic migrants for years on behalf of the EU, that was the entire reason they were even allowed to join

of course they are gonna retaliate if pressured

this is common knowledge
Old 10-10-2019, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Wait, Turkey is in the EU now?
Old 10-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait, Turkey is in the EU now?
No, and he also leaves out the billions Turkey is being paid to keep those migrants by the EU, which is actually why Erdogan is keeping them (as he siphons funds off the top)
Old 10-10-2019, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Private attorney for US President brokers shady deals with foreign nations at the behest of said President. I mean, odds were good that Giuliani would take down his own boss eventually, but they could have done a better job of obfuscating the part about a non-government official running point on this.

EDIT: forgot link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d44_story.html

'Associates' seems pretty apt here. Looking forward to see how Orange Pol Pot Twit-eacts to the arrests...
Asked about two men with ties to Rudy Giuliani arrested earlier today, President Trump said, "I don't know those gentlemen. Now, it's possible I have a picture with them, because I have a picture with everybody." "Maybe they were clients of Rudy," he added. "You'd have to ask Rudy."
Old 10-10-2019, 07:37 PM
Banned

turks have visa-free travel through the EU, close enough

The early 2016 refugee deal between Turkey and the European Union was intended to accelerate negotiations after previous stagnation and allow visa-free travel through Europe for Turks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Access...European_Union
Old 10-10-2019, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately for Turkey, their record on human rights is fairly shit both today and historically...some might argue that's based around a religious book but either way it's slowed down their membership.

Before Turkey became a nation state in itself, the Ottoman Empire took Europeans from around Croatia/Serbia/Bosnia as slaves around the 18th century...I don't think they ever apologized for it or have been asked to.

Meanwhile here in the UK, particularly in some cities...you can often find Turkish guys in bars "passport hunting", arguably they're the ones that want to get away from the shitstorm going down in Turkey - can't blame them.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:19 PM
Fire Giant

Trump is the perfect mix of habitual liar and doddering simpleton. And he sure loves to throw others under the bus. In all fairness though, Giuliani is such a piece of shit, literally throwing him under the bus would be quite entertaining.

Again though, we have this president of the United States (this nightmare doesn't seem to end) who has private citizens running matters of State.

If only Bitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, and a baker's dozen other conservatives had backbones, this would have already been a done deal and that fuckwit president would be out of office, and likely facing federal charges.

But alas, here we are--doing it the hard wasy as usual.
Closed Thread