Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 02:01 PM
Kobold

Default Blacksmith Trivial question

I was making skewers the wiki says trivial 114. My ranger got the you can no longer advance your skill from making this item at 94. Is this correct and the wiki wrong or is something off ?
Old 10-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

I think (a little bit before my time) P99 had the wrong trivials for many classic tradeskill recipes. They ultimately fixed them to the correct/classic values, but the wiki still had the wrong values, and they were close enough that they didn't really get in anyone's way.

In my experience, most people only fix the wiki when there's a "pain point" (weirdos like me who edit it for fun are the minority). The wrong trivials weren't wrong enough to be painful, so they didn't get fixed. Plus, it's the kind of thing that no one can fix unless they happen to be skilling up on that recipe and notice a trivial message ... and of course most who do won't even think to edit the wiki.

What I'm trying to say is, while the wiki is normally very accurate, for historical reasons specific trivials on some older recipes are still wrong, and it would be AWESOME if people would correct them: it's a wiki!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:14 PM
Kobold

Ahh Thank You, makes sense I'll correct it then. The only other things I fixed on the wiki was the Magician spell research summon heatstone one of the ingredients was wrong and a low level (14) druid or cleric spell was linked to a level 34 spell.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh Thank You, makes sense I'll correct it then. The only other things I fixed on the wiki was the Magician spell research summon heatstone one of the ingredients was wrong and a low level (14) druid or cleric spell was linked to a level 34 spell.
Thanks for doing that: you've already done more to help than 99% of the server! (Rough estimate: I don't know exactly what percentage edits the wiki, but it has to be somewhere around 1%).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for doing that: you've already done more to help than 99% of the server! (Rough estimate: I don't know exactly what percentage edits the wiki, but it has to be somewhere around 1%).
Done and Your welcome, I was kinda goaded into it after reporting the issue in the casters section. I wonder how many others like me were afraid to try editing for fear of messing something up.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

I would update it with your 94 since you know its at least trivial at that point.

The only major update to the Wiki I ever made was to remove a blurb someone wrote in the spell info for Tishan's relocation about not scribing the spell because it is absolutely useless and should never be used for any reason, and I replaced it with my own blurb about invis priming so people would learn to properly use a very helpful tool.

I feel like my edits will only ever be on principal of spite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-02-2019, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like my edits will only ever be on principal of spite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh, well like I said I think most only edit when there's a "pain point" ... but I think you're the first I've heard of who only edits out of spite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Done and Your welcome, I was kinda goaded into it after reporting the issue in the casters section. I wonder how many others like me were afraid to try editing for fear of messing something up.
I agree, I think a lot of people feel that way. But all I can say is, everyone look at the top of the page!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki.project1999.com
This is a wiki for a reason. Anyone can contribute. If you see something that is inaccurate or can be improved, don't ask that it be fixed--just improve it.

Old 11-24-2019, 08:33 AM
Large Rat

I realize this is an old thread, but as of this morning skewers raised my skill to 111 on Real and I was not getting the trviial message. My guess (just a guess) is that it will allow me to get to 115 as is mentioned in the P99 Wiki.
Closed Thread