Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Regarding the Wizard Epic, the first one was completed the day of the server-wide finals.

Scroll down to Sunday - November 19, 2000:
http://www.graffe.com/graffe1.0/home/archive_1100.htm

Another Graffe post, with a series of questions posted to the Harpy's Head Tavern with Lady_D's responses.
http://www.graffe.com/graffe1.0/home...botb111000.htm
Quote:
Lady_Daegarmo,

It seems that you have failed to respond to any comments by the wizard community dealing with the absurd rules that you have proposed for the Wizard Tourney. Is this just disdain for the estate of the wizards, or contempt that we actually care about the skill of our class?

To carry forward the questions asked in the rules listing thread:

Why a "shootout" test? What tactics are there in seeing who has the fastest link to the internet? If spell selection and resist gear is all that is being tested then how can you say this is the Best of the Best?
Why no melee? Isnt this a bit biased considering the number of wizards stating that they maintained their melee skills?
Why no meeting to discuss the rules as happened for the other BoB tourneys?
Seems a bit arbitrary to impose this on the wizard community. Those seem to be the three big questions that you have failed to respond to. The question of clickable items has its defenders based on the abuses in the prior BoB. I dont like it but will conceed it as it _MAY_ unbalance a tactical test. It would be nice if you would be responsive to the wizards who will fight and die for your entertainment.

Lanath T'Vyl
Vallon Zek

The wizards are the master of Direct Damage, and doing it very fast. A shoot out style duel tests not only the skills and choices to be used by a wizard, but the situational response as well from the wizard.

This has little to do with connection speed since it is a completely spell casted event. If this were a melee event with players moving, the connection would play a far greater role.
This is a primary casters event. We don't want to see this event turning into the wizard with a GBS and a book fleeing from a wizard with a rod of annihlation for 45 minutes.
If there is a question of what the event should be, then we turn to the players. Verant has numerous GMs and Staff who play wizards, and there knowledge stated that it should be a shoot out duel.
Lady Daegarmo
Old 10-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Fire Giant

aww no thunder strike

#1 spell
Old 10-12-2012, 11:52 AM
VIP / Contributor

keep those sign ups coming!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:24 PM
VIP / Contributor

Updated.

I'm still looking for proof that paladins were able to use blind. Every botb server wide rules state no blind allowed, due to making it have people run off the platform.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

On shadowknight botb on eqlive, the GM in charge killed me and gave me cs rez to refresh harmtouch after my first fight. Wouldn't the same have been true for paladins?
Old 10-12-2012, 02:39 PM
VIP / Contributor

I think the main issue is some server event Gms did things slightly different for all servers. I can only go off of what we have as the base rule, and what was more widely known and used in the events.

We didn't reset disc abilities for Warriors, Monks, and Rogues. It was the same on live, so we kept it here.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Fire Giant

In the specific rules for the Shadowknight Best of the Best that Ele posted somewhere it stated that HarmTouch was able to be reset on request.

I'll try and find the link.

HarmTouch and Lay of Hands are a pretty overwhelming advantage when one person has it and one does not.

It's basically a guaranteed victory between two players that are close in level (possibly not with a 54 vs 60).

Quote:
Class Specific Rules
There is no entry fee for this event and the only prizes will be titles awarded to the winners. Title for winning at the server level will be the level 51 title for Shadow Knights "the Reaver". The title for the 3 runners up on Test Server Finals will be the level 56 title "Revenant". The grand champion of the Test Server Finals shall have the level 60 title given to him on his own server "Grave Lord".

A 30-second buffing period will be given before direct combat in the match.

All Armors and Weapons available to the contestant's class will be allowed unless it has an effect stated in General Combat rules as unusable.

The Shadow Knights Epic weapon (Innoruuk's Curse) is allowed in this event.

Harmtouch will be reset upon request.

All spells are allowed during this event unless stated to be disallowed in General Combat rules.
http://web.archive.org/web/200111041...1_shd_rule.jsp
Last edited by Treats; 10-12-2012 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: Found it
Old 10-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the main issue is some server event Gms did things slightly different for all servers. I can only go off of what we have as the base rule, and what was more widely known and used in the events.

We didn't reset disc abilities for Warriors, Monks, and Rogues. It was the same on live, so we kept it here.
HT and LoH are not disciplines but abilities for those classes since level one. They should be allowed and refreshed for use. That would not be unfair, it would enable equality in every match and also allow for more interesting fights. Refresh HT and LoH for each fight imo
Old 10-12-2012, 10:08 PM
VIP / Contributor

Updated due to Treats providing information.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Kobold

I realize it says AE spells are allowed and spectators should be careful etc, however for the WIZ BotB spectators should be forced to sit out of range otherwise it eliminates the option to use a Rain spell. Spectators "eating up" one (or all but one) of the waves pretty much makes the spell line null and void.

<The Mystical Order>

Alts:
[34 Wizard] Motlee Crue (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[4 Wizard] Aysee Deecee (Human) <The Mystical Order>
[2 Wizard] Vhan Halen (Human) <The Mystical Order>

Live - Tallon Zek 2000-2005 / Drinal 2007-2008
[80 Sorcerer] Acillatem Zoso (Human) <Knights of the White Rose> / <Veritable Quandary>
Closed Thread