Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-08-2019, 03:43 AM
Thorondor Thorondor is offline
Banned


Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
equality of opportunity. you have the option to be an enchanter at birth.



equality of outcome. enchanters occupy the highest Zeitenreich and rightfully so. Maybe you should've been an enchanter?

Equality of opportunity? Lol. Honk honk.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-10-2019, 11:45 AM
Mblake81 Mblake81 is offline
Sarnak

Mblake81's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarflord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you cant capture a classic experience because all content is trivial, people play the strongest characters and know how to play.

back when eq was classic everyone was terrible, had no gear and generally wiped everyplace.
You can emulate a game but you can't emulate the time it came from.

The Council, Raid on Castle Mistmore

Quote:
As a whole, the raid on Castle Mistmoore was a failure because most of us died at least once to the numerous trains of that dreadful place. Most uf us ended up leaving the place frustrated and with less experience than we had coming in. And that was with 3 full groups of level 30-50 characters, mind you...
Note: Looking at the screenshots I think this one represents what the original Infravision/ Heat Sight looked like to the player. Could see farther than a human, it wasn't pitch black and things had an orangish glow.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
__________________
Last edited by Mblake81; 06-10-2019 at 11:57 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-10-2019, 02:00 PM
Dwarflord Dwarflord is offline
Banned


Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 201
Default

nice epic everquest story

im sure the gm trained them
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-10-2019, 03:51 PM
JurisDictum JurisDictum is offline
Planar Protector

JurisDictum's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,521
Default

"Anyone can play an Enchanter" does not address the point that it is indeed overpowered. This point is always uncontested because Enchanters are unquestionably overpowered and would be nerfed in any modern gaming scenario.

Nerfing Enchanters is the only correct course of action at this point. It will enhance classic gameplay, encourage rolling other classes, and make having an enchanter in the group more unique in rewarding in the long run.
__________________
"There are two things that are important in politics. The first is money and I can't remember what the second one is." -- Senator Mark Hanna, 1895.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Jibartik Jibartik is offline
Sarnak

Jibartik's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 498
Default

I have an idea, lets take all the magic items out of the game cus its absurd that mortal men are killing gods and dragons in this fantasy video game.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-10-2019, 04:06 PM
bigjeff100 bigjeff100 is offline
Planar Protector

bigjeff100's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't know to be honest. I tend not to accidentally offend people as much as others do I noticed. But I'm not always warm and friendly.
I like Mr. Dictum! No problems with the man here!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Jibartik Jibartik is offline
Sarnak

Jibartik's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 498
Default

Druids: its not fair that enchanters can solo farm in dungeons *ports to merchant sells, ports back to solo camp at bear pit*
Melee class: Dies running past an aggro mob that cons blue.
Shaman: Literally tanking a dragon.
Monk: Literally tanking the Fungi King
Mage: Afk farming 5,000 plat goblin gazugi rings.
Bard: Gets 50 in 1 day

I mean do I need to keep going?












Wizards: Alt you do not log onto anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-10-2019, 04:46 PM
JurisDictum JurisDictum is offline
Planar Protector

JurisDictum's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids: its not fair that enchanters can solo farm in dungeons *ports to merchant sells, ports back to solo camp at bear pit*
Melee class: Dies running past an aggro mob that cons blue.
Shaman: Literally tanking a dragon.
Monk: Literally tanking the Fungi King
Mage: Afk farming 5,000 plat goblin gazugi rings.
Bard: Gets 50 in 1 day

I mean do I need to keep going?










Wizards: Alt you do not log onto anymore.

None of that stuff really is present on Naked brand new servers. Enchanters basically ruin the feel of that unlike any of these other listed imbalances.
__________________
"There are two things that are important in politics. The first is money and I can't remember what the second one is." -- Senator Mark Hanna, 1895.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-10-2019, 05:07 PM
Jibartik Jibartik is offline
Sarnak

Jibartik's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of that stuff really is present on Naked brand new servers. Enchanters basically ruin the feel of that unlike any of these other listed imbalances.
At best the enchanter is more powerful at level 40 but like, my guy, they will have that edge for like 2 weeks, then everyone will 50.

I also dont think our player base is talented enough to play an enchanter unless its extremely twinked either [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can you name me 3 camps that enchanters are going to farm because they have a distinct advantage, that are going to break the game? Like what 3 camps being permafarmed by 1 person, vs 2 (like virtually any duo can farm anything an enchanter can farm) makes the game broken?

Pretty sure its the sick ass gear from kedge that the druids are going to flood the server with that make TLP's different from classic.

Hammerhead helms for all!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-10-2019, 05:22 PM
Thorondor Thorondor is offline
Banned


Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At best the enchanter is more powerful at level 40 but like, my guy, they will have that edge for like 2 weeks, then everyone will 50.

I also dont think our player base is talented enough to play an enchanter unless its extremely twinked either [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can you name me 3 camps that enchanters are going to farm because they have a distinct advantage, that are going to break the game? Like what 3 camps being permafarmed by 1 person, vs 2 (like virtually any duo can farm anything an enchanter can farm) makes the game broken?

Pretty sure its the sick ass gear from kedge that the druids are going to flood the server with that make TLP's different from classic.

Hammerhead helms for all!

He's just a jealous fruitcake. His entire worldview is predicated upon his covetous nature. No big shocker that it bleeds over to the video games he chooses to play as well.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.