Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: McGregor vs Cerrone - who will win?
McGregor 17 47.22%
Cerrone 8 22.22%
....wat? 11 30.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 06:17 AM
Planar Protector

McGregor isn't a primary grappler but he certainly knows how to defend. It took Khabib 3 rounds to choke him and Khabib is arguably the best grappler in UFC. Khabib relentlessly attempted to take Conor down during most of the fight and spent quite a bit of time on the ground, with Conor doing quite a decent job defending (considering it wasn't against some random BJJ black belt - it was against freaking Khabib in his prime).

Conor actually landed quite a few shots on Khabib during the fight and rocked him pretty bad (in round 2 I think). It could have ended right there, but the RNG was favorable to Khabib this time.

So yeah. My money is on Conor but I hope he gets beat up in the process.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cerrone by Guillotine end of Round 1.
^ if Cerrone wasn't almost completely past his prime and heading into cring territory. Not saying McGregor isn't a crappy one dimensional fighter because he is.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
McGregor isn't a primary grappler but he certainly knows how to defend. It took Khabib 3 rounds to choke him and Khabib is arguably the best grappler in UFC. Khabib relentlessly attempted to take Conor down during most of the fight and spent quite a bit of time on the ground, with Conor doing quite a decent job defending (considering it wasn't against some random BJJ black belt - it was against freaking Khabib in his prime).

Conor actually landed quite a few shots on Khabib during the fight and rocked him pretty bad (in round 2 I think). It could have ended right there, but the RNG was favorable to Khabib this time.

So yeah. My money is on Conor but I hope he gets beat up in the process.
Loooooooool whut????

Khabib got him down on his first pick and had McGregors ass on the mat less than one minute into the first round. Then Khabib spent the next few rounds beating his ass.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loooooooool whut????

Khabib got him down on his first pick and had McGregors ass on the mat less than one minute into the first round. Then Khabib spent the next few rounds beating his ass.
Honestly, McGregor did better than I expected against Khabib. He definitely showed improvements in his takedown defense since the Mendes fight. That fight it looked like Mendes got him down in at will. Khabib had to dig deeper for the takedown. That being said, Cowboy has a pretty good takedown off the headslip when he's in range. Question is, does McGregor have enough speed in his hands to nullify that. And yes, Cerrone is past his prime, but I still like how he matches up here. A legit grappler, dangerous striker, and he rarely gasses. I say Cowboy in Rd 4 via triangle.

-Erlick Bachman, President and CEO of Bachmanity
Old 01-12-2020, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

McGregor's career is done if he loses another one... he'll be relegated to matches against undefeated prospects coming through.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loooooooool whut????

Watch the fight again. Khabib almost got KD'd in the 2nd. That could have easily been a KO.

He consistently took Conor down but it took him a ton of work before he could actually monetize it with a choke in 3rd.

Can't wait for Tony vs Khabib tbh. Should be an epic fight.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:01 AM
Kobold

Cowboy is too old now to keep up with mcgregor. prolly gonna get tko 2nd round. In cowboys prime he might of out ranged him, and def had the advantage on the ground. Now even if cowboy gets a takedown connor will just pop right back up like he did on the wrestlers.... not including kabib.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They will fight on Jan 19.

I think Conor will win but I sure hope it will be a long and spectacular fight!
After seeing McGregor sucker punch an elderly man in a bar, I lost all respect for him. He's a lowlife scumbag, overrated, overinflated, not that great of a fighter. He's a showman like Brock Lesnar, but with less athleticism.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Fuck McGregor

after the Mayweather, McOverrated can get lost
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:12 AM
Planar Protector

Apparently he's getting paid about 80 mil USD for the fight.
Holy crap.
Closed Thread