Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 08:58 AM
Kobold

Im staying put myself... Boxing helped kill EQ. 1 man raid teams XD this is why I wont touch any other private server's. those who are newer...the green servers population will slowly dwindle so it wont be as crowded. just stick it out guys, and try to avoid ass hats like Canelk, this guy has been shit posting on the forums since 2016 lol
Old 01-20-2020, 09:01 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve been really interested in trying p2002 or TAP lately but I can’t really decide which. Is one a lot more likely to survive and thrive than the other? I just don’t want to spend many hours building chars and then have the server die. I’m so very burnt out of velious though.
a lot of us are brother! I would suggest Shards of Dalaya but from what ive seen lately is the population is only like 150 at peak, I remember in 2009 that server was booming.. 2020 is a good year for MMOs as well.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

From what I understand P2002 is gradually moving beyond the Planes of Power-era and is more open to adding content beyond there. I don't know if anything's concrete yet. TAKP, being an EQ-MAC simulator, remains more resolute in keeping to a specific era. Either probably would've been much more popular if they had the confidence and resources to maintain a no-boxing rule. With three-boxing figure the actual number of players online is less than half the reported values. There's very little point in trying to play either unless the player enjoys operating multiple characters. Even if someone wants to single-box, as soon as he joins a guild or some such he'll have to tolerate constant pressure to run more characters.

Between the two, as an outsider it looks like TAKP is more stable in terms of population and goals.

Danth
Old 01-20-2020, 12:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I understand P2002 is gradually moving beyond the Planes of Power-era and is more open to adding content beyond there. I don't know if anything's concrete yet. TAKP, being an EQ-MAC simulator, remains more resolute in keeping to a specific era. Either probably would've been much more popular if they had the confidence and resources to maintain a no-boxing rule. With three-boxing figure the actual number of players online is less than half the reported values. There's very little point in trying to play either unless the player enjoys operating multiple characters. Even if someone wants to single-box, as soon as he joins a guild or some such he'll have to tolerate constant pressure to run more characters.

Between the two, as an outsider it looks like TAKP is more stable in terms of population and goals.

Danth
I could see the population growing a small bit but I think a majority of EQ players are not fans of boxing which I think will hold it back. but it should be interesting to see where they go, either way im staying with the Golden p99! I wont lie tho, I sometimes miss the old days with Shards of Dalaya lol
Old 01-20-2020, 12:56 PM
Banned

I’m up for a change of pace with boxing. I imagine it’s the only way raid content is going to be handled on those servers.

I downloaded p2002 but I’m most concerned with the idea that I have no idea where the progression is going to stop. If it’s eventually going to level 70, 80, 90+ then I’m not interested. I want to grind AAs and do new content in the pop luclin era.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:04 PM
Banned

Really the only reason I downloaded 2002 over TAP is because TAP looks like it has a more complicated installation.

2002 has some things going for it that I like.

I don’t mind the boxing. I like the era it’s in right now- pop. I really like the interface. Setting up boxing looks really convenient. You can set up the screens as big or small as you want and it doesn’t lag. I just don’t want to go past planes of power or be on a completely dead server.

I’m about to give TAP a download and see if I can set that up.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:39 PM
VIP / Contributor

Would you guys play on a truebox EQMac (TAKProject codebase) server, with Stone / Velious UI enforced?

Because I can make that happen...

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 01-20-2020, 02:53 PM
Banned

So to spell that all out....

TAKProject codebase is the one that is described as having a more stable goal of stopping at POP. To me, that's a big plus and that's one the 2 major concerns I have with p2002. And from what I understand they are pretty dedicated and skilled as developers.

What would the difference between Stone / Veious UI and TAP's UI?
Old 01-20-2020, 03:02 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So to spell that all out....
What would the difference between Stone / Veious UI and TAP's UI?
The Stone / Velious UI is part of TAKP's client, you just have to set NewUI=false in the eqclient.ini file.

Old 01-20-2020, 04:02 PM
VIP / Contributor

TAKP compared to other servers:

http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Server_Comparison

Closed Thread