Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-23-2020, 11:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

@OP

It's an old issue. I never got a resolution on it either and its been bad enough to effectively keep me off of P99 for over a year.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=328607

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=320263

good luck.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:23 PM
Orc

Default Resolution.

Get rid of eqemu, wineq2 and use the titanium.bat file in the everquest folder. right click create a desktop shortcut. then click the short cut do the whole windows XP services 2 compatibility. allow inbound and outbound in firewall and any other programs you use. I have not disconnected once. Those other programs they mention on the P99 forum are trash your essentially connecting into a server that connects to the EQ server. So theirs an extra hop on the network and if the service you signed into say EQemulauncher server is slow or has packet loss or low bandwidth your connection to the EQ server will be trash and unreliable. Do yourself an favor delete that junk and only launch from the titanium.bat file.
Last edited by Phishinforfloyd; 04-29-2020 at 04:25 PM..
Old 04-29-2020, 06:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishinforfloyd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get rid of eqemu, wineq2 and use the titanium.bat file in the everquest folder. right click create a desktop shortcut. then click the short cut do the whole windows XP services 2 compatibility. allow inbound and outbound in firewall and any other programs you use. I have not disconnected once. Those other programs they mention on the P99 forum are trash your essentially connecting into a server that connects to the EQ server. So theirs an extra hop on the network and if the service you signed into say EQemulauncher server is slow or has packet loss or low bandwidth your connection to the EQ server will be trash and unreliable. Do yourself an favor delete that junk and only launch from the titanium.bat file.
At the time this was originally going on. I attempted to use the bare client and WinEQ2. Also tried 2 computers within the same home network and a full reinstall of the client. None of those things worked for me. The only solution which did work was a VPN. I did not test running the client from a different ISP but I suspect it would have had the same effect.

Sometime between when I last posted in the technical discussion about this and about a week ago this problem magically corrected itself on its own. I haven't made any changes to my EQ install, still using WinEQ2, router config is still the same, etc.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:47 PM
Orc

yeah it's all network related policies per device amount of hops to each server, bandwidth the vpn could bring you closer to your ISP backbone, or the winEQ server it also bypasses router policies in firewall and router. all traffic is treated the same in a VPN pretty much, generalized policies.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:21 AM
Orc

Angry POS

WHELP GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS POS Back to doin the same Fin Sh**. for F Sakes ever bought a Fin VPN and NOT SHI. I Bought all new cables re-wired the house new modem, switch, tried VLANS, port forwarding everything. Running off the Titanium.bat piece of Sh and i constantly am having packed loss to the dam servers. NOT MY HOUSE!!!! ROLL BACK TO V52!!!!!!!! just wasted months, weeks of my life trying to relive a childhood dream and all it has done is pissed me off beyond belief and caused me so much stress i want to beat something with a bat. I mean are you using the legacy servers from 1999 or what?
Old 05-09-2020, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

i'll tell you whats up, the truth. two parties hold the blame for this. First its the shitty netcode they use here on p99, which seems like it cant even handle a single packet drop because it's game-over when that happens. So why are the packets dropping? That brings us to the second party - your ISP. Simply explain to them that you are having issues with a specific destination, so they can look into the routing. Give them tracerts to help them diagnose where the fuck your traffics going
Old 05-09-2020, 04:40 PM
Orc

I've had the same issues past few weeks, only a vpn connection works for me.

Sometimes I can log to server select and see the server lists without VPN, but won't log me onto them, Sometimes when it does and I get to the char select screen, it might crash out on loading the game and even then if I manage to get that far and I am finally in game, when I zone it will crash me.

Its defo a network routing problem, I thought it was my AI protection built into my Asus router at first that was somehow blocking as it just got worse over the past weeks, disabled it and it worked, just a coincidence tho, its back to this bullshit of unable to to do anything unless I use VPN.

I reside in Singapore for all its worth.

Good luck in your quest, there is others that have this problem.
Last edited by Dabeach; 05-09-2020 at 04:43 PM..
Old 05-15-2020, 10:41 AM
Kobold

Think server has big issues today. High latency, lot of zone crashes, cannot log into server.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Seems fine to me ~1200 people on and ~40 in the zone I'm in:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Mcoy
Old 05-16-2020, 10:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I recently started having this same issue 3 days ago. Locks up while zone loading and sometimes from char select load. I tried using my phone through Verizon instead of my home network through ATT and it fixed the issue. Switched back to ATT and 1st zone after log in froze up. It's def packet drops for certain ISPs routes. That is why VPN works for some people as well. There is also a long thread from 2016 where a bunch of people all using ATT had this issue.