Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 08:19 PM
Kobold

Crusty armor also. You can deck out your warrior.
Old 02-22-2022, 08:21 PM
Kobold

All these naysayers are basically saying if you don’t plan on buying a fungi, why bother. Which is ludicrous considering the amount of warriors that leveled to 60 without a fungi.
Old 02-23-2022, 01:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplayeq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My plan was to camp Frenzied and kill a few orcs in EW for the earrings. I do have a guild and I was planning on joining them in Kael once I hit 53.I was going to see if I have any luck getting ringmail armor from unrest as well.

I made a Half Elf warrior that worships Innoruuk. The combination intrigued me and being able to run in and out of my favorite city (Neriak) is a plus.
I’m pretty sure evil half elves are still kos in Neriak
Old 02-23-2022, 03:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay there is plenty you can solo that is solid gear.. just maybe not the best twink gear for velious. You can solo fbss, yaks, classic warrior quest armor, hooded black cloak.. I mean you can solo a full set of gear that is more than adequate to gear a warrior just fine. You would struggle solo just like any warrior struggles to solo without a fungi.
Telling him to invest crazy time camping super rare items in lguk, which has minimal impact on his war ability to solo, is not great advice.

He might as well drop the 5k on random gears and he'd perform about the same solo.
Old 02-23-2022, 03:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All these naysayers are basically saying if you don’t plan on buying a fungi, why bother. Which is ludicrous considering the amount of warriors that leveled to 60 without a fungi.
Sure, it makes sense if it was 1999. It's 2022 mate, and p99 has been around for like 10 years. Encouraging him to get stuck soloing as a frustrating new war, on a server that is super top heavy, is horrible advice.
Old 02-23-2022, 05:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure, it makes sense if it was 1999. It's 2022 mate, and p99 has been around for like 10 years. Encouraging him to get stuck soloing as a frustrating new war, on a server that is super top heavy, is horrible advice.
Perhaps I've misread, but to me it seems the advice is to solo/guild group on a 53 necromancer, to get a few basic bits of equipment that will make the new warrior journey a bit more tolerable for the character and it's group mates. This is something I can get behind. Some fire wedding rings, a couple of 1:2ish weapons, some schw and a suit of banded or even crusty is something a 53 necro with guild assistance can easily achieve and would perform sufficiently well in a group environment.

If the advice is to solo on the warrior, I'd strongly suggest against that as a main plan - certainly not after level 40.

Is it technically possible to kill a sonic bat or two 400 times in a month to complete level 54 solo? - I have done that - but for most players that experience and pace will be far too frustrating so I wouldn't recommend it, even if I am willing to do it multiple times on multiple warriors all with terrible gear - I know I am the exception in how I enjoy that.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-23-2022, 06:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps I've misread, but to me it seems the advice is to solo/guild group on a 53 necromancer, to get a few basic bits of equipment that will make the new warrior journey a bit more tolerable for the character and it's group mates. This is something I can get behind. Some fire wedding rings, a couple of 1:2ish weapons, some schw and a suit of banded or even crusty is something a 53 necro with guild assistance can easily achieve and would perform sufficiently well in a group environment.

If the advice is to solo on the warrior, I'd strongly suggest against that as a main plan - certainly not after level 40.

Is it technically possible to kill a sonic bat or two 400 times in a month to complete level 54 solo? - I have done that - but for most players that experience and pace will be far too frustrating so I wouldn't recommend it, even if I am willing to do it multiple times on multiple warriors all with terrible gear - I know I am the exception in how I enjoy that.
If the goal is to gear a war to perform better in group environment, a better suggestion is to do plat farming with 53 necro to fund the fbss/ssoy/wolf cloak instead of camping them. Even a low yielding camp like seb NG has much higher ROI than camping lguk for those extreme rares.
Old 02-23-2022, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

Agreed that would be the easier route, and you are right to explain that to OP, even if they did state they’d rather camp the items them-self.

Frenzied in velks is a preferable camp to get haste than frenzied in guk. Perhaps that was the frenzy OP aspired to? It’s much more realistic, provided he can do the camp.

Old 02-23-2022, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

Agreed that would be the easier route, and you are right to explain that to OP, even if they did state they’d rather camp the items them-self.

Frenzied in velks is a preferable camp to get haste than frenzied in guk. Perhaps that was the frenzy OP aspired to? It’s much more realistic, provided he can do the camp.

Closed Thread