Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 03-05-2022, 11:25 PM
Orc

Default fastest way through 59 as a necro

I' ve had like 14 beers and I'm still only 4% into 59. Can anyone please tell me the fastest way to get through 59 as a necro? Preferably solo so that I dont let down any groups due to my high levels of intoxication
Old 03-06-2022, 11:01 AM
Aviak

It's been 2-3 years since I've played, so I'm not sure what the ZEM is like these days. But back then the absolute fastest exp was solo/duo ogre guards in Neriak.

If memory serves correctly I was getting ~7%/hr through 59, and that beat Howling Stones (while also being much safer) not to mention groups by a mile.

The absolute best was duoing with a Rogue. You fear kite the guards so that the rogue can backstab them the entire time and you just mow them down. Monk also works well, and then soloing is good too if you don't feel like duoing.
Old 03-09-2022, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceminus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been 2-3 years since I've played, so I'm not sure what the ZEM is like these days. But back then the absolute fastest exp was solo/duo ogre guards in Neriak.

If memory serves correctly I was getting ~7%/hr through 59, and that beat Howling Stones (while also being much safer) not to mention groups by a mile.

The absolute best was duoing with a Rogue. You fear kite the guards so that the rogue can backstab them the entire time and you just mow them down. Monk also works well, and then soloing is good too if you don't feel like duoing.
Probably cut that 7% down to 3-4 these days,which is still very very fast in comparison.
This is known as the neriak arena if OP wanted to look it up. Good spot, fast spawns.
The twin named giants in frontier mountains are also very popular for necros
If you want to torture yourself you could do the phedars in skyshrine. 1/10000 or worse chance at a wurm lord shawl
Old 03-09-2022, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strete [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I' ve had like 14 beers and I'm still only 4% into 59. Can anyone please tell me the fastest way to get through 59 as a necro? Preferably solo so that I dont let down any groups due to my high levels of intoxication
Fastest way is to find a cleric/enc/Necro to duo with in Hs west.

Second fastest is to charm solo that same wing. north can suffice but it’s not as good.
Old 03-13-2022, 05:31 PM
Kobold

Spiders or bears in pits, permafrost ZEM is still crazy high
Old 03-14-2022, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

do not go to howling stones after 14 beers

been there, wiped that, just dont
Old 03-14-2022, 01:36 PM
Fire Giant

Howling stones North or West. Charm a skel, send into a room of 5 other mobs. root everything. When pet is at 3% health break charm, kill. Charm something else, let mobs burn em down. rinse repeat...ding 60
Old 03-14-2022, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Duo with my 56 epic mage
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior