Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 06-10-2022, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What doesn't make sense to me is if a 29/41 (bad ratio) 2 hander can out dps double epics at 60, why aren't literally all rangers using 2 handers at 60? A simple 4-5k 32/36 or even a Woodsman Staff should be able to destroy most dual wield options using that formula above if that's the case.
Some 2h is worth it, I primarily use 2h with my cek sword cause it out dps Kriezen flame generally.
Old 06-10-2022, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

I can definitely see a 45/38 being very competitive DPS but that ratio is astronomically better than a 29/41 or even a 31/35.
Old 06-10-2022, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can definitely see a 45/38 being very competitive DPS but that ratio is astronomically better than a 29/41 or even a 31/35.
I was more pointing out some of us do walk around with 2h even endgame, ops point is dumb tho I agree there.
Old 06-10-2022, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

it's because 14/24 for earthcaller is not a great ratio for a 1h mainhand, swiftwind is still a great offhand, but EC is for slow proc and then swap out to a faster mainhand
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 06-10-2022, 09:38 PM
Orc

thanks for the discussion!!

actually its happy to see if earthcaller can outdmg other weapon~ why? cos its OUR epic!! Ranger's Epic!!!
the best way is direct compare by parsing log with killing same mob for a certain time

in real fighting, its good to choose the right weapon,
for a high ac mob, i'll choose fast 1h
solo tons of hp, best ratio, maybe try to slow it at first
bad tank in group, 2h to avoid riposte or enrage
too tough to facetank, try bow rot

example of keep using swarmcaller:
1) farming in droga, slow them all lazy to heal =P
2) small melee group, remember grouped with a epic sk and pally in velk, sk maintank and i keep using swarmcaller, pally said hes no need to heal haha

and i think i'm close to the answer~
1)Is it Earthcaller will have higher proc rate??
proc rate are very close by parsing "3" weapon (self test)
2)and do we have any example of mob can only slowed by earthcaller but swarmcaller?
both magic based slows with no resist mod (same as wiki)
its close but not the end of my study, i'll continue to search more when i have time until someday i have my own EC able to direct compare hehe
Old 06-10-2022, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sogundordor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1)Is it Earthcaller will have higher proc rate??
proc rate are very close by parsing "3" weapon (self test)
I'm pretty sure proc rates were normalized a few years ago. All weapons should have the same proc rate over time when wielded in the same hand. (offhand is 50% proc rate compared to mainhand)
Old 06-12-2022, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
What doesn't make sense to me is if a 29/41 (bad ratio) 2 hander can out dps double epics at 60, why aren't literally all rangers using 2 handers at 60? A simple 4-5k 32/36 or even a Woodsman Staff should be able to destroy most dual wield options using that formula above if that's the case.
Yeah it’s an interesting question. I can say for a monk t staff definitely beats epic/SoS but maybe that has something to do with the power of triple attack? We have a couple rangers with primary weapons like swift blade of zek. I’ll bring along a two hander next time we’re in HoT and parse it out. That should give us a decent sample of high ac and moderate ac mobs
Old 06-12-2022, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sogundordor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
with log parsing the log its easy to find out proc per min, if dex is the same
according to "Weapon proc" from wiki, assuming its true, i made the following graph:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when max 255dex, there should be 2ppm
at 85dex, there is 1ppm
and the graph looks linear, it can assume that there is some kind of "bouns" you got 0.5ppm at 0dex
i'll try to compare my data base on this graph between weapon form different classes(different dex)
direct compare if weapon can use by same class(try to wear same dex)

with my small data pool atm, it seems:
1) all weapon have a higher ppm than the graph
2) some different ppm between weapons

I'll post a report when i get some more log~

about the funny dps comparison, theoretically from jklein.me/eqcalc
wondering if someone can upload some log of epic~
Swarmcaller:

Dual Epic:
I love how calculator completely rips off the the spreadsheet model I created years ago to compare weapons for rangers.
Last edited by Cecily; 06-12-2022 at 07:46 PM..
Old 06-19-2022, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

I had a ranger in plane of hate with me last night. He was level 60 and using Winters Fury (13/23 so slightly worse ratio than epic) and offhand epic I also had him parse the swarmcaller.

Super not scientific but the the swarmcaller parsed between 37-68 dps on a variety of mobs. The two one handers gave results between 44 and 61. I’m not trying to make a definitive point, just wanted to share if you do end up melee’ing for an extended period of time with Swarmcaller waiting for it to proc you won’t lose a ton of dps compared to dual epics.
Old 06-22-2022, 08:44 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a ranger in plane of hate with me last night. He was level 60 and using Winters Fury (13/23 so slightly worse ratio than epic) and offhand epic I also had him parse the swarmcaller.

Super not scientific but the the swarmcaller parsed between 37-68 dps on a variety of mobs. The two one handers gave results between 44 and 61. I’m not trying to make a definitive point, just wanted to share if you do end up melee’ing for an extended period of time with Swarmcaller waiting for it to proc you won’t lose a ton of dps compared to dual epics.
Can he slow those mobs with Swarmcaller in PoH? they are mostly 50+