Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 06-27-2022, 05:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Shaman spell cost

How do shaman afford to buy their level 55+ spells? Must i pimp myself out? Lol
Old 06-27-2022, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Group in Seb, duo/trio in Overthere, kill minor dragons/guardian wurms.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 06-27-2022, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Killing guards is another good method to gain steady plat if you don't have another money maker. Generally speaking most Fine Steel guard spots net you roughly 300pp an hour. If you kill guards for 1 hour a day, in 14 weeks you will have 30k. That will get you all of your 55-60 spells minus Torpor and Bane of Nife.

Avoid buying Bane of Nife until you have everything else. Bane of Nife can be useful in certain situations, but it is much less reliable than Pox, due to mobs resisting poison more often than disease.

If you are on Green where spells cost a lot more, you will probably need to do some item camps to generate money faster. I would advise that you get to 60, and kill guards to get enough money for Malo. Malo is your top priority spell. At level 60 when you have Malo and Tigirs Insects, you are still fairly useful, even without Torpor. You could probably get in to Ixiblat Fer groups as the primary slower, for chances at Cloak of Flames. I got in to Fungi Tunic groups when I didn't have Torpor on Blue before Green was launched, but I am not sure if that is still possible.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:18 AM
Planar Protector

Killing Fine Steel guards at 60 is not very good use of time. Anyone, any class, can farm Droga and make a LOT more from skins and salts and vendor junk.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Killing Fine Steel guards at 60 is not very good use of time. Anyone, any class, can farm Droga and make a LOT more from skins and salts and vendor junk.
I'd be curious if someone parsed how much PP per hour they got in Droga as a pre-Torpor Shaman. I've spent a decent amount of time in Droga on my Torpor Shaman when I was farming salts/skins, and unfortunately Shamans are not great at killing in Droga. Shamans in general just aren't very good at clearing lots of greens. And in Droga the goblin level is high enough to where they deal decent damage and have a decent amount of HP.

My level 60 Torpor Shaman who has Epic and JBB doesn't clear Droga that fast, so I would imagine a level 55 Shaman without clickies is going to have a harder time.

I like guards on a Shaman because they drop FS weapons more consistently, and Shamans are best at dealing with 1-2 mobs at a time. However, I mostly killed Misty Thicket Guards, back when they spawned every 6 minutes. You would make more like 500-600pp an hour there if you had the wall to yourself.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Treasure_Hunting_Guide

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbymck69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do shaman afford to buy their level 55+ spells? Must i pimp myself out? Lol
Join DKP guild, sell skyshrine MQs. Kinda sleazy (at least it feels bad to those that need the item) but it is what it is…
Old 07-01-2022, 01:17 PM
Aviak

Plenty of 60 sham do not have their 60 spells at first. takes time to make money, or luck. If you have reliable friends take them to Seb, tons of money to be made there, sure still take a while but way better then almost anything in KC (minus Tstaff lighting strike).

Most of the really high end droppable still come from Raid mobs/events...

but even making 2k a night, which is a lot for a 55sham it is gonna take decent amount of time to afford the high end spells, and your epic, which is expensive too. best not to think about it and grind on...takes forever to get from 55 to 60 anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-27-2022, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

When I hit 60 I was still missing Pox, Malo, and of course Torpor. I got lucky with Bane on a Trakanon kill. Pox came eventually at Royals, Malo in VP, and I had to buy Torpor. Highly recommend Seb Crypt for that. Even doing groups, not solo, I still pulled in a few 8-12k drops that helped me save up.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 07-29-2022, 11:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Avoid buying Bane of Nife until you have everything else. Bane of Nife can be useful in certain situations, but it is much less reliable than Pox, due to mobs resisting poison more often than disease.
Just checked the logs on one of my computers and got the following resist rates for Pox and Bane:

Pox: 27.34%
Bane: 23.07%

My impression is that common mobs for the most part have equal Disease and Poison resists. I would guess the rate is actually the same over a larger sample. This laptop had about 250 casts of each.

I'm interested to hear what your logs show. I haven't checked my other computers' logs yet.