Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-01-2022, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you love to cheat, you cant spin that.
Sorry you don't know what cheating is lol. Reply last again please.
Old 08-03-2022, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, such a bad take that shows nothing but a lack of knowledge. I am KoS to Dragons, so I need to be invis when setting up pulls.
You do not need to be invis when setting up pull just because you're KOS. This shows your own lack of understanding, yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess you also don't know about the water trick lol, or push mechanics. You don't want your pet attacking from behind, because it pushes the dragon out of the water. Keeping the dragon in the water stops the dragon from AoEing you.
The dragon stays in the water. You just need to position properly. Which you fail to do.

Quote:
I don't need to waste mana casting the better debuff, the resist rate with Malo is low enough.
You are losing mana on average if you don't use the better debuff. And LOL @ "wasting mana" in the first place when Malosini costs 200, and lasts longer, compared to Malo costing 350. No surprise about you failing to understand math though.
Old 08-03-2022, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do not need to be invis when setting up pull just because you're KOS. This shows your own lack of understanding, yet again.

The dragon stays in the water. You just need to position properly. Which you fail to do.

You are losing mana on average if you don't use the better debuff. And LOL @ "wasting mana" in the first place when Malosini costs 200, and lasts longer, compared to Malo costing 350. No surprise about you failing to understand math though.
Yes, you do need to be invis because if you get agro from another mob en route to the Dragon you lose a lot of time either killing it or gating. You can't see every angle but mobs can still agro you. But you wouldn't know this.

Pushing moves the dragon, but you don't know about piush mechanics. I am positioning my pet correctly.

Again, you havent done Ww Dragons clearly, so you have no valid opinion about efficency. I have tried both ways (Malo and Malosini), while you have clearly done neither.

Please stop saying nonsense and trying to confuse people.
Old 08-03-2022, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

I recommend just parking your pet at the ledge pre fight and not pulling invis. I used to pull Bratavar while KOS with no problems at all, you just have to be careful and aware of your surroundings.
Old 08-03-2022, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recommend just parking your pet at the ledge pre fight and not pulling invis. I used to pull Bratavar while KOS with no problems at all, you just have to be careful and aware of your surroundings.
I know you can do this[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I have done it before, even on Bravatar. The problem is there are a lot of hills, and sometimes you just make mistakes and misjudge distances. I have done tests on this, and on average I save more time doing the safer invis method as opposed to YOLOing it. Saving 1 minute parking your pet isn't worth the 10 minutes it takes to run back if you gate, or the 5 minutes it takes to kill a trash mob. This is especially true when you only have an hour or two to kill WW Dragons in a day. I don't have the time to kill WW Dragons for 8 hours a day. Any mistake is generally a huge setback, and will cost you at least 1 WW Dragon per hour.

I would love to see other videos of Shaman's killing WW Dragons. I have never claimed this is the absolute best method. It is simply a well balanced approach. Good kill speed, good consistency, and low risk. I am sure there are methods that have higher kill speeds, with less consistency and more risk.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-03-2022 at 01:33 PM..
Old 08-05-2022, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yes, you do need to be invis because if you get agro from another mob en route to the Dragon you lose a lot of time either killing it or gating. You can't see every angle but mobs can still agro you.
You lack awareness and ability to plan a suitable path. Invis is not needed.

Quote:
Pushing moves the dragon, but you don't know about piush mechanics. I am positioning my pet correctly.
LOL, you don't understand how to do something and then are so inane in your assumptions that you think someone else doesn't know what push is. Amazing. You are NOT positioning correctly. You can stand parallel to the coast and the Dragon will be in the water still. The pet doesn't push that much anyway. All you're doing is wasting mana and DPS with your current way of playing.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You lack awareness and ability to plan a suitable path. Invis is not needed.
You clearly did not read. It reduces the possibility of a mistake, which saves more time than keeping the pet up. Consistency is greater than shaving 1 minute or 30 seconds. When a fight lasts 20 minutes, you are still killing 3 Dragons an hour if you reduce the time to 19 minutes. You don't seem to understand that reducing 30 seconds just for the sake of it doesn't actually do anything meaningful. This is probably why you overvalue DPS, for some reason you think saving 1 second matters, even when you aren't actually killing more mobs per hour. I am not killing Dragons for so many hours a day that 1 or 2 minutes will make a difference. Reducing my chances of getting agroed and then wasting 5-10 minutes gating/killing is keeping my kills per hour way more consistent.

Quote:
LOL, you don't understand how to do something and then are so inane in your assumptions that you think someone else doesn't know what push is. Amazing. You are NOT positioning correctly. You can stand parallel to the coast and the Dragon will be in the water still. The pet doesn't push that much anyway. All you're doing is wasting mana and DPS with your current way of playing.
My pet pushes the Dragon out of the water every time he is behind the Dragon, even unhasted. I am sorry you don't understand pushing lol. My pet is positioned correctly to push the dragon sideways, which is keeping him in the water.

You also don't seem to understand that you don't have to be directly behind a mob to get the benefits of not getting riposted and whatnot. You can be ON THE SIDE of the mob and still get those benefits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD-PCJ4tCII just look at the chat logs if you don't believe me, you won't see my pet getting riposted. Pet damage appears in the bottom right chat log. I can even post the logs lol. The only time he gets riposted is when he bugs out at the end of the fight. Once in a blue moon the pet will stop attacking when it is in the water. You can see in the video he stops attacking and moves towards me around 11:40. Now that he is in the frontal cone of the mob, he can be riposted, and does in fact get riposted once.

I provided a video debunking your poor theory about using both Bane and Pox to increase DPS and kill times. That is the video I posted above. It didn't work because of mana constraints. I didn't save any time at all. You simply do not understand how mana usage and DPS works on a Shaman, so please refrain from pretending that you do.

It is just embarrassing you keep doubling down to be honest. Please provide video evidence, or keep revealing your lack of game knowledge. You shouldn't pretend to be such an expert. You wouldn't post so angrily, and people would gladly help you learn the game better, including myself.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-05-2022 at 10:09 AM..
Old 08-05-2022, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Consistency is greater than shaving 1 minute or 30 seconds.
My long experience tells me the folks who obsess over killspeed and rush rush RUSH RUSH RUSSSSHHH tend to be the same folks who habitually ignore bad pulls/RNG/mistakes/etc as "doesn't count" and mentally write off such things.

Some folks obsess about kill speed and here I'll do it the "hard" way, on purpose and by choice....just illustrates that different people play this game very differently. There are folks I like just fine, but can't stand to try to group with because our modes of operation are too diametrically opposed. It's only wrong if someone logs out and didn't have a good time. Each to his own.

Danth
Old 08-05-2022, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My long experience tells me the folks who obsess over killspeed and rush rush RUSH RUSH RUSSSSHHH tend to be the same folks who habitually ignore bad pulls/RNG/mistakes/etc as "doesn't count" and mentally write off such things.

Some folks obsess about kill speed and here I'll do it the "hard" way, on purpose and by choice....just illustrates that different people play this game very differently. There are folks I like just fine, but can't stand to try to group with because our modes of operation are too diametrically opposed. It's only wrong if someone logs out and didn't have a good time. Each to his own.

Danth
I agree. Personally I don't care how Z plays himself. However he wants to have fun.

The problem is he is making objective assertions that you could do the fight much better. He has no evidence for this, and keeps shooting himself in the foot by showing he doesn't understand what he is talking about.

I would love to see him show us a video putting mine to shame. Then we can all learn how to play better. But he won't post it. Either he doesn't have a Torpor Shaman, or he doesn't want to show how he plays.

Objectively speaking the math is simple when it comes to efficiency. Saving 1 minute on a 20 minute fight will not increase how many kills per hour you are getting, unless you are playing for a whole day. Once you are at the point where saving 1 minute or 30 seconds isn't helping, it's better to focus on other areas such as consistency. Reducing the odds of a mistake by improving pull safety maintains your kills per hour better, as an example.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

I'd like to see it too. Once in awhile I see stuff that I didn't think of myself. I like incorporating good ideas when I see them and can use 'em.

For that matter I'd like to see you (or group up in-game sometime) do it the same way I do and witness just how much those excellent resists of yours actually help.

Like, how much junk buffing do you do on those? Since you're not getting tagged often it doesn't seem as important. Usually I have to keep 4 on due to frequent dispells, with slots 5 and 6 being lesser priority stuff like maybe agility. I avoid losing critical buffs (except when buff order fritzes out), but obviously it means I have to pick and choose main buffs somewhat carefully.

Danth