Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 05:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyjalx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Way to give the finger to your player and FAN bases loyalty.

Any guild worth their stones wont touch a single dragon in ToV.

By the time you realize your decision, it'll be too late because you just fucked your fanbase.

Keep your dragons
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. An enforced rotation is a thousand times more "classic" than FTE.

There were only 2-3 (much smaller) guilds on each server doing this content on live post-Velious and pre-Luclin and they all had gentlemens' agreements between them not to be total assholes. Our server most definitely did and we stayed out of each others way with no problems at all. The only difference here is that the server management has to enforce it because of the incredible asshole quotient on P99.

As much as I hate the dumbasses who jump into every thread trying to get victims for the red server I always wonder why the people with the mindset to micro-manage every posted rule to try to fuck each other over content in a game aren't really exactly the type of people they're looking for.

Look on the raid forums if you don't believe me. Whats the first post there in response to this new rule?

Yep, Aftermath is already lawerying-up.
Old 02-05-2019, 05:47 PM
Aviak

The entire point of making this server was to emulate live classic progression. Gearing up is part of that progression and is vital to the games longevity. Why does anyone need to explain this.

We all visited the Afterlife, Fires of Heaven, Legacy of Steel, Pandemonium, Darkwind, Club Fu, Triton, and a few other websites/forums growing up. Reading the front page news, and drooling over magelos. It's what made this game unique.

Nobody was going to the rotated servers pages. Because it didnt happen. When EQ tried to become something it was NOT (which was to be like WoW), it failed.

Successful servers were competitive. You had to earn it. If you played this game before it turned to shit, YOU would know.

It killed the game.

(TLTR, but Bristlebane and p99 played out the eerily similar)

Acarer. 60 enchanter. Raid leader/Officer of Club Fu, Bristlebane server. The guild was lead by a team of us. Pouty (guild lead) Qwenya, Songwind, Kapp, Tulkor, myself, and a few others... from the start of Kunark to start of PoP.

A guild named Arch Overseers (euro) started coming into their own just before Luclin. Ring of Valor was making a strong push.

Patch day, was early AM EST. We were PST. AO only kept it to HoT, but then slowly moved north as they grew. I remember their first Ikitar and eashan kills (I knew we were in trouble). Both guilds went at it for years prior and after. AO started in HoT and progressed. Neither guild was cordial...

When Arch overseers started wiping out everything before we even woke up, we woke Sleeper.

It was a mad dash on Luclin release for SSRA. We dropped Emp first, fought over horrible key pieces, but found Vex Thal to be quite humbling (who remembers 4am blob fights, yikes).

Club Fu started from an Internet Cafe in California. There were no rotations on any successful server that anyone would try to emulate.

It killed the game.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:01 PM
Aviak

I'm reading a lot of opinions, but not a single person can give any detail to their babble.

All I hear is people saying rotations worked! We stayed out of each others way! (The game was dying folks)

Before Luclin, name ONE rotation guild that anyone gave a damn about or wanted to emulate.

WoW has weekly instanced gaming. Enjoy the instanced ToV once every 4 months... (9+ guilds on that list, GL)
Old 02-05-2019, 06:03 PM
Aviak

Its fine now, everything is ok, AM gets the dragons, and competition is restored.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:09 PM
Aviak

Thank you Rogean and Nilbog.

Please think long and hard before you change the game. This is a server to be proud of.
Closed Thread