Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 01:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Worth a shot

Long story short, looking to dive back into EQ. Walked away roughly 2 years ago and gave up my gear/plat on BLUE to some people (58 War, was nothing crazy) and currently don't have a pot to piss in on the server. I missed the launch of GREEN, and with that am not sure if I want to start the trek on BLUE again.

I created a few chars on RED and poked around, really liking the prospect of enhanced xp gain IF groups were to be had and people to play with.

What I guess I am asking is if there is a group of people or guild that could use an experienced-ish returning player who wants to kinda skip the early stuff and get back into mid-late levels. Not asking for gear or handouts, but looking for groupage to skip past the early stuff and people to play with on what is a lowly populated server.

From peeking at the forums I can see the turds lining up now with their witty retorts, and I kind of find that funny as you constantly see posts promoting people to come to RED. Well...here is a player looking to dive into RED even with all the issues it may have, I just don't want to play a solo box experience.

So...if there is a group of people that are interested in adding a player to their group and knock out some content then reach out as I am open to pretty much any class needed. If there is no interest then I gave it a shot. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2021, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

I’ll give you a full set of cobalt + a fungi + a decent weapon . If I ever log in
Old 04-05-2021, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

^ probably a legit offer.

If you play on red you will find some friends on it. No question.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-05-2021, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHBOYS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long story short, looking to dive back into EQ. Walked away roughly 2 years ago and gave up my gear/plat on BLUE to some people (58 War, was nothing crazy) and currently don't have a pot to piss in on the server. I missed the launch of GREEN, and with that am not sure if I want to start the trek on BLUE again.

I created a few chars on RED and poked around, really liking the prospect of enhanced xp gain IF groups were to be had and people to play with.

What I guess I am asking is if there is a group of people or guild that could use an experienced-ish returning player who wants to kinda skip the early stuff and get back into mid-late levels. Not asking for gear or handouts, but looking for groupage to skip past the early stuff and people to play with on what is a lowly populated server.

From peeking at the forums I can see the turds lining up now with their witty retorts, and I kind of find that funny as you constantly see posts promoting people to come to RED. Well...here is a player looking to dive into RED even with all the issues it may have, I just don't want to play a solo box experience.

So...if there is a group of people that are interested in adding a player to their group and knock out some content then reach out as I am open to pretty much any class needed. If there is no interest then I gave it a shot. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hey Bush,

Add me on discord, we can talk.

DULU#5759
Old 04-05-2021, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

If you play red you will have a fine time. If you post on the messageboard you will have a less fine time.

You see two good quality offers of assistance so mission accomplished. Its an orphan server but it wasn't aborted which is maybe the most we can hope for.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-06-2021, 04:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you play red you will have a fine time. If you post on the messageboard you will have a less fine time.

You see two good quality offers of assistance so mission accomplished. Its an orphan server but it wasn't aborted which is maybe the most we can hope for.
Yep. Wasn't aborted. Thank God.
Old 04-06-2021, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

This is good you invested hundreds of hours on blue with a population and threw the items away because of a intuition to give away the paraphernalia so you wouldn’t comeback. Now you want to start the smack again from scratch on a desolate server. My friend you need to take a step back as you’re not going to play Everquest like it was intended or how you enjoyed it.

That being said if you like solo quest and weirdos you will fit right in.
Old 04-06-2021, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is good you invested hundreds of hours on blue with a population and threw the items away because of a intuition to give away the paraphernalia so you wouldn’t comeback. Now you want to start the smack again from scratch on a desolate server. My friend you need to take a step back as you’re not going to play Everquest like it was intended or how you enjoyed it.

That being said if you like solo quest and weirdos you will fit right in.
Gotta love the guy who quit 4-5 years ago coming back daily to tell others they need to quit.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotta love the guy who quit 4-5 years ago coming back daily to tell others they need to quit.
Well didn’t everyone who actually mattered quit as well? I tend to forget these things as all the sudden empire dispersed and the server would struggle to hit 100 for 2 years. Now people bless 50. I know it’s hard for you to understand this cat brains but you actually need people to pvp and play this here game.

Imagine thinking you’re playing eq pvp when you 200% exp lvl to 50 and have zero eq encounters. Not sure if these pro red server folks are actually trolling you all or play here.

Either way it’s creepy as fuck to leach into a non-eq server.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

I think the point is that you come to a lot of threads just to say things are bad.

Red isn't what it should be and it definitely isn't what it could be.

But its the best everquest server currently available anywhere and if P99 crew closed up shop, you would be in some dark subreddit discussing the glorious days of that long lasting R99 server that wasn't as good as you wished it could be, but was the best since 1999 and pouring out shots in its honor on the anniversary of its death.

Heres to hoping for the 0.25% exp red 99 progression server with year long level caps at level 10 then 20 ETC and then 1 year at each level above 50 so the PVP balance is always shifting..whatever.

Have fun. Tassador sorry there is no one to PVP anymore it makes me sad too.

But it doesn't mean I'm going to cruise over to blue and flex my old now useless pre red pixels.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread