Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 09:09 PM
Orc

Default Don't join <Clue>

Or at the very least, please be aware that if you join Clue and ask for help taking down a spawn you've been camping, they'll send a zerg force of 80 mouth-breathing idiots who will effectively steal the camp from you and random the drops.

I'm a 58 bard. I've been camping Lodizal off-and-on for the past few days, and today I was lucky enough to have him spawn. Since I was by myself, I had two options: 1) ask guildies for help, or 2) call my RL friends who agreed to log in to kill him if needed. I figured since <Clue> had quite a few people online, it would be easier to just ask them.

I told everyone in guildchat I had tagged Lodizal and I could use some assistance. I kited him around while I waited for (what I thought would be) 2 or 3 people to port in. When I brought Lodizal back to his spawn loc, there were no less than 12 <Clue> members waiting for me. Half of them were under level 55.

Lodizal died almost instantaneously.

Now here's where I admittedly messed up - I didn't speak up when the "raid" leader Rainbowcop started randoming off Lodizal's loot. I was a little jittery and excited from actually getting the spawn, and in the back of my head I was thinking that no decent person would simply random off everything without giving me anything since I'd been the one camping it for days on end.

But that's exactly what they did.

I'm not claiming that the spawn was KSed from me (since I invited them to help), and I'm not suggesting there was any formal violation of the p1999 rules. I just want everyone to know what to expect if you join <Clue>.

(EDIT: Sorry just realized this probably belongs in R&F...)
Last edited by Peener; 12-27-2015 at 09:21 PM..
Old 12-27-2015, 09:19 PM
Fire Giant

Just so ya know, technically you are the one who was violating rules, for kiting Lodizal.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

only illegal if someone is there trying to contest, ya moran
Old 12-27-2015, 09:24 PM
Banned

the bitching about you in clue chat afterwards was pretty disgusting

hey this guy who just got us lodizal? what an asshole he is!
Old 12-27-2015, 09:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by contemptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just so ya know, technically you are the one who was violating rules, for kiting Lodizal.
Hey, a mouth-breather from BDA saying mouth-breather stupid things. Thanks for making this thread BDA approved.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:55 PM
Banned

Maybe speak up next time?
Old 12-27-2015, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe speak up next time?
Yes....this.

I understand you were really excited but you need to be clear in /guild. Let them know you've been camping him and that you need X item, you tagged him and need a bit of help bringing him down.

Unless everyone in clue is ABSOLUTELY a retard, I am sure they would come help and allow you to loot X item then random the rest.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

It's the holidays, lots of crazy stuff happens. My Mom got too drunk as usual, and just like last year, I had to cook the ham.

So I feel ya.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:16 PM
Banned

Last edited by captnamazing; 12-27-2015 at 11:32 PM..
Old 12-27-2015, 11:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnamazing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Generally, when you open up a raid spawn to a guild...
Firstly, Lodizal is not a raid spawn. Lodizal is easily doable by 2-4 people. Randoming loot as a raid policy makes perfect sense.

Secondly, I didn't track him. I sat in a single spot for 40+ hours waiting for him to spawn. This is known as "camping."
Last edited by Peener; 12-27-2015 at 11:32 PM..
Closed Thread