Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Did you like the ToV racing?
Yea it was fun 51 34.23%
Nope, hated it. 38 25.50%
Meh, don't care, coth or race 60 40.27%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Default New ToV Racing Rules

Put this in RnF because there are too many trolls and it'll get moved here anyways.

How was your thoughts on the racing? Did you like it? Hated it? Kinda curious what everyone is thinking about it.

I thought it was somewhat fun, was a huge time sink and doubt i'd want to sit there each week doing that, but can't deny that Vulak race rush. Watching us all get gibbed one by one while running for the golden trophy. I had a good laugh.

Pros:
Funner then cothing

Cons:
More resources then cothing
Coffins could get expensive but prob not a big con

At the end of the day regardless of cothing vs racing, I think the GM's are trying. This at least gives some new guilds a shot at an FTE and gives them some time to set up the pull, get their attempt(s) in. It may not be the best solution but it gives more guilds options and if more guilds have a chance at these mobs, I am happy.

Let me know what you think, and if im free that day to be racing along side you or against ya, GL and lets try to have some fun with it.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:58 PM
Banned

First!
Old 04-14-2016, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

I just find the pixel lust some of you fucks have nauseating.

Coth vs racing ... Either way you've got a special breed of neckbeard who ruins the server for everyone else. You either force them to game like you (a neckbeard) or you monopolize all relevant content.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-14-2016, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Blue sucks. Blue raiding rules are ludicrous. Blue hardcore raiders are retarded. Get brains, morans.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Fifield confirmed good at racing.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

Any racing is fun, but there definitely should be an FTE runner cap for both ToV and Kael. That door was an absolute clusterfuck, especially when you throw in people wanting to ogre wall for the lulz
Old 04-14-2016, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Didn't take long for the red nerds to show up, how predictable.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

My opinion is more credible than yours. I am correct.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

Personally, I think racing is as stupid as cothing. The entire concept of fte to kill mobs drives people to deeper and deeper levels of depravity in search of the dopamine hot that comes with yellow text. KS groups aren't the answer either.

But if that's the world we have to live in, I just wish there was a cap of the number of folks per guild who were allowed to race. It was pretty bad on Tuesday with 150 neckbeards a hanging around waiting to run.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 04-14-2016, 04:06 PM
Sarnak

I enjoyed bind sighting you guys (well a monk from Awakened) on Vulak race. That was entertaining. The whole "class R" argument not getting an FTE is silly. There were racers and guilds there. It obviously brought people to the table that weren't already there. They obviously don't have the experience Awakened and Aftermath do. And Vulak popped super early in window. What's going to get fun is if Vulak goes under 3-4 hours next week. Will Awakened/Aftermath race for Dagarn if they know it's a solid 15-20 minute time sink? That's a huge gamble. I don't think they'd risk it for certain mobs for sure. So it may have to be a "stars align" situation for these other guilds, but Vulak's window sets up nicely for a little luck going a long way for these other guilds this Tuesday.

The "one FTE at a time" rule is more important than the CoTH or race rule. Racing does provide a greater time sink though for the larger guilds as you have to get your guys back up and running again. The combination is nice for Tiny Tim.

P.S. - Enough about the GD door already. That is one of the dumbest faux outrages I've seen on this server.