Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Reasons Blizzard sucks:

1. Killing Nost and summarily refusing to even visit classic WoW, stating "You think you want vanilla WoW, but you don't", meanwhile, 800,000 people playing Nost or some other vanilla private server

2. Linking USA raid finder / dungeon finder with South American, Mexican, and Russian servers.

3. Continual incompetence and inability to design fun, innovative mechanics.

4. Terrible art direction
Old 05-26-2016, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reasons Blizzard sucks:

1. Killing Nost and summarily refusing to even visit classic WoW, stating "You think you want vanilla WoW, but you don't", meanwhile, 800,000 people playing Nost or some other vanilla private server
I played classic WoW on release, was the first in Black Rock Spire and Black Rock Depths on my server etc.

I have a feeling it would be a lot like people who think that p99 will be like classic EQ...it won't. They will probably get there and just want BC to be released.

I say that because I never played classic EQ until this server. Now that I have...I want to just go to PoP. If I played it in the first place, I doubt I would have lasted a few months here.

But 800,000 does sound like a lot. The real reason they didn't do it is because game companies don't really do that -- revert what they see as progress. And lets face it -- it brings up a lot of debate about what bugs should be reintroduced.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3. Continual incompetence and inability to design fun, innovative mechanics.
The thing is, Blizzard isn't trying to revolutionize gaming mechanics. What Blizzard is really good at doing is taking already-existing mechanics and making a super polished version of them. That's basically what Overwatch is. They took TF2 combined it with elements from the MOBA genre and made a very smooth, polished successor to it.

They've been doing this forever. From Hearthstone to HoTS, WoW, etc. The only arguably unique game you could say they've mad has been the Diablo franchise. Other than that, they've never been in the business of making the next Minecraft.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

I have a long history of bad experiences with blizzard.

I had someone loot hack my corpse in diablo 2 and posted on the forums with a screen shoot of it happening. Ended up with my forum account being banned, though it violated no rules. In fact, when people would "claim" they were loot hacked, people would post things like "screenshots or it didn't happen".

Had my main account on WoW banned back in the day for killing stuff in molten core before we were supposed to be killing stuff in there -- there was no warning or anything that you should not be in there. We were "just supposed to know," apparently. They wer just mad we were already trivializing their shit content.

After repeatedly criticizing hearthstone for it's continue reliance on the RNG to keep weaker payers winning games so they feel better about themselves instead of actually getting good at the game instead, I got banned from there, too.

Blizzard vultures can suck my cock, basically. I'll never buy anything from those asshats again.
Last edited by DMN; 05-26-2016 at 05:15 PM..
Old 05-26-2016, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a long history of bad experiences with blizzard.

I had someone loot hack my corpse in diablo 2 and posted on the forums with a screen shoot of it happening. Ended up with my forum account being banned, though it violated no rules. In fact, when people would "claim" they were loot hacked, people would post things like "screenshots or it didn't happen".

Had my main account on WoW banned back in the day for killing stuff in molten core before we were supposed to be killing stuff in there -- there was no warning or anything that you should not be in there. We were "just supposed to know," apparently. They wer just mad we were already trivializing their shit content.

After repeatedly criticizing hearthstone for it's continue reliance on the RNG to keep weaker payers winning games so they feel better about themselves instead of actually getting good at the game instead, I got banned from there, too.

Blizzard vultures can suck my cock, basically. I'll never buy anything from those asshats again.
Seems like you should just stay off forums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2016, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not the problem. The problem is I bought Diablo 3, then shortly afterwards the D3 expansion came out and I didnt want to pay another $50 while owning what became half of a game.

Also Hearthstone matchmaking invites you to RMT for cards, because its totally fine that I get matched up against all gold decks when I've just finished getting my basic ones.

On top of that, TF2 is still fun. Do I really need a TF2 clone for £30 ($40)?
Haven't spent a single dollar on Diablo 3. Feels good. What a waste of money yikes.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 05-26-2016, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
blatantly obvious you got trolled and broke some forum rule or other in an autistic tantrum. you're still mad about someone trolling you with "screenshots or it didnt happen" 15 years ago? if you actually didnt break any forum rules i would gain respect for blizz admins for that ban
Nope. No rules were broken. And no one trolled my post. Basically, blizzard was lying and saying there were no loot hacks going on and that the claims were completely bogus. Reality was they existd but blizzard didn't know how they were being done or had not been abl to ix it yet. The screenshots i posted clearly showed the loot hack in process. The hacker also had a typical D2 "korean name", and blizzard id especially protective of their asian clientele.

Oh and i forgot to mention I got my altrnate WOW account banned for using a legit pulling strategy tfor killing certain molten core bosses without having to kill the trash in front of them. Skipping their shit content was also apparently bannable.
Last edited by DMN; 05-26-2016 at 05:46 PM..
Old 05-26-2016, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing is, Blizzard isn't trying to revolutionize gaming mechanics. What Blizzard is really good at doing is taking already-existing mechanics and making a super polished version of them. That's basically what Overwatch is. They took TF2 combined it with elements from the MOBA genre and made a very smooth, polished successor to it.

They've been doing this forever. From Hearthstone to HoTS, WoW, etc. The only arguably unique game you could say they've mad has been the Diablo franchise. Other than that, they've never been in the business of making the next Minecraft.
EQ Next was going to be based on Overwatch MOBA design pretty much a straight direct copy and paste.

Overwatch is EQ Next in many ways. So if you were going to check out EQ Next combat, this is the combat system it had being used in Overwatch.

MOBA style is the future of MMO combat. City of Heroes style. etc.

Team Fortress 2 kicks shit out of Overwatch though. Not even close. Most of the people replying here have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on Blizzard games. They buy the latest piece of shit.

<--- 0 Dollars spent on D3. If you can't say that you have no credibility.

Old 05-26-2016, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ Next was going to be based on Overwatch MOBA design pretty much a straight direct copy and paste.

Overwatch is EQ Next in many ways. So if you were going to check out EQ Next combat, this is the combat system it had being used in Overwatch.

MOBA style is the future of MMO combat. City of Heroes style. etc.

Team Fortress 2 kicks shit out of Overwatch though. Not even close. Most of the people replying here have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on Blizzard games. They buy the latest piece of shit.

<--- 0 Dollars spent on D3. If you can't say that you have no credibility.
Lol i have played TF2 for years and overwatch is by far better. You're either a blizzard hater or a tf2 fanboy but i can assure you, there are more people playing overwatch then there are playing tf2.
Last edited by Grubbz; 05-26-2016 at 05:55 PM..
Old 05-26-2016, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubbz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol i have played TF2 for years and overwatch is by far better. You're either A, a blizzard hater, B, a TF2 Fanboy or C, Both.
You bought Diablo 3.

You have no cred sorry man u have been sucking Blizzard dick longer than anybody here.

Overwatch is better how? 21 classes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by big [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Face it, Blizz has always been overrated at best and now is nothing more than a marketable name that has been integrated into a larger, more Jewish organism.
my *****.

Closed Thread