Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 04:47 AM
Planar Protector

Luclin was a quite good expansion, I have to admit art is strange, but it's not that bad. what killed it is the nexus and bazaar for sure. releasing luclin without these would be fine for me, I'd actually enjoy running there...
Old 10-24-2016, 06:41 AM
Kobold

P99: there's a live auction website and a wiki that lists prices, and a forum for auctions as well. Guilds have item and spell mules with online databases of what is available.

Still kills haggling and an actual interaction based economy, also many people don't use those things because they're not offered in game. Anything that discourages interaction is a major red flag for P99. The Nexus and Bazaar are exactly that.

P99: Everyone and their brother has a OT hammer, WC cap, Thurg potion. There's a guild whose sole purpose is to offer ports so that people can travel as painlessly as possible. Guilds have devoted porting characters solely for travel.

This sounds like someone who has been level 60 and raiding for too long, most people on p99 aren't in a high end raiding guild and don't have all those things you mentioned. So what if there is a guild that is devoted to porting? It still encourages interaction between players, which is what P99 should be all about.

"P99: Oasis > MM > CoM > KC > Seb is the path chosen by the overwhelming majority, over and over again. It really would just be replacing the one zone everyone goes to with another one."

More importantly, it trivializes classic content. Its more important in my opinion that the classic EverQuest zones be populated. As soon as an expansion makes day one zones completely obsolete then you've gone too far on a server like p99. Paludal does exactly that in ways neither Kunark nor Velious ever did.

To me, it sounds like you like a lot of other people have worn out the content available and want more to be added. Well, too bad. P99 is a time capsule that is designed to capture the classic EverQuest experience, not an ongoing time delayed progression server that goes on forever. If you've become bored of the classic content, then move the hell on and be happy that other people will be able to experience it for years to come.
Last edited by Sporkotron; 10-24-2016 at 06:44 AM..
Old 10-24-2016, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkotron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As soon as an expansion makes day one zones completely obsolete then you've gone too far on a server like p99. Paludal does exactly that in ways neither Kunark nor Velious ever did.
I agree with this. If old content gets made obsolete, why not just release the new content as a stand alone game/sequel? Feel free to reply and tell me why this is a bad idea, I'm sure there are lots of reasons why!
Old 10-24-2016, 07:55 AM
Planar Protector

I didn't *hate* anything about luclin, and I loved the original tier of AA. I thought the cats were kind of dumb, and the zem in Paludal was a terrible idea. I loved PoP, but I thought the books kind of trivialized travel.

After PoP is where my idea of classic EQ ends.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't *hate* anything about luclin, and I loved the original tier of AA. I thought the cats were kind of dumb, and the zem in Paludal was a terrible idea. I loved PoP, but I thought the books kind of trivialized travel.

After PoP is where my idea of classic EQ ends.
I was just about to post all of this myself. This is exactly how I feel. I even liked the graphics update. Took some getting used to, but I did enjoy it.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

the thing i dislike most about Luclin is that it will never be added to P99.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:11 AM
Fire Giant

The Bazaar was 10x better than EC, get off your nostalgia boners. The same people crying about EC being classic are the FIRST ones to use websites like p99auctions to find their shit, hypocritical neckbeards.

VT was spread out over multiple days, people had fun in it because the rewards paid off.

Ssra Temple was a challenging zone that lasted the entire expansion.

Mid/High leveling zones were awesome.

Nexus Scion made porting less of a thing? Who the fuck cares. Telling a random druid to come get you is overrated.

At the end of the day Devs don't want Luclin, so P99 is pretty much dead.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:42 AM
Kobold

Shitty luclin graphics
Seru bane
Shissar bane
Camping vt key parts that were not in game yet
Old 10-24-2016, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

Nothing.

It was a great expansion, and doesn't need anything changed.

Character models are a choice set those on or off to your liking.
Bazaar beats out EC every time because it doesn't waste your time not playing the game to sell some crap. Plus it actually allows for a low level market.
Nexus is a non-factor. It's just another version of boats. 15 minute wait to travel between 5 select zones, porters still are desired.
Raid content was actually legit, with mechanics beyond 1-2 AEs, Rampage and Flurry. You now had adds spawning with mobs, different add immunities with mez/slow, etc.
Focus effects make gearing a caster actually worth while. The power of casters actually increase with foci like melee do with weaponry. Wow. So good.
AAs bring into balance many classes in the raid scene.
Innate Crits for wizards makes them top tier raid DPS coupled with above changes
Long duration buffs allows you to buff once at the beginning of the raid and not have to continually refresh them unless you're doing long 5+ hour raids.

Nothing about Luclin was bad. Wtb it on P99 please.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:55 AM
Fire Giant

Playing on zek and lovin these sweet luclin models
Closed Thread