Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

rip daybreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rip daybreak
Every year since they took over from SOE has been worse and worse for them. Is this the year they go under and have to sell?

What'll happen to the EQ IP?
Old 02-07-2019, 03:23 AM
Planar Protector

Will they recover after laying off a third of the company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every year since they took over from SOE has been worse and worse for them. Is this the year they go under and have to sell?

Really who cares at this point? The IP has been beaten to death.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:27 AM
Kobold

I paid to play on a TLP. I ran around Freeport for 4 minutes and the graphics were such a turnoff, I cancelled my account, uninstalled and then told my friend I didn’t want to be his friend anymore because he suggested TLP to me.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:33 AM
Sarnak

It was fun to relive PoP. Once.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesThaDogg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whether it happens or not, I would really enjoy a green server. I think like many others playing here, I never got to experience classic EQ, and green server would be a great way to make that happen. I think part of experiencing velious is experiencing the progression to velious - the impact on server economy of new items, doing raids woefully undergeared, etc. Velious was at the endgame it's at now for only a few months maximum, yet blue server has been at that point for years.
Won't the green server suffer the same fate? Only difference is anyone who happen to not have been around for the start of blue server but is around at the beginning of green gets to get in on the ground floor. Experience a true fresh server start + get to try and obtain many trinkets that will eventually get removed like Manastone, Dark Elf Mask and in Kunark Fungus Staff etc etc?

I mean sure it will be fun to try that but I'm struggling to understand what, long term, the difference will be.
Last edited by commongood; 02-07-2019 at 11:00 AM..
Old 02-07-2019, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sell it for pennies to Rogean/Nilbog and pray to the Gods that they can avoid the clusterfuck it became.

Chop it off at Velious, start from there.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're missing the point by a mile.

If you think the experience a casual player would have today on P99 is remotely the same experience they would have 8+ years ago, you're insanely wrong.
Its a lot more lax nowadays. People want green but do they realize just how cutthroat everyone gets? Probably not, because they didnt experience any expansion release on p99.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Won't the green server suffer the same fate? Only difference is anyone who happen to not have been around for the start of blue server but is around at the beginning of green gets to get in on the ground floor. Experience a true fresh server start + get to try and obtain many trinkets that will eventually get removed like Manastone, Dark Elf Mask and in Kunark Fungus Staff etc etc?

I mean sure it will be fun to try that but I'm struggling to understand what, long term, the difference will be.
The point is experiencing the game new. No twinks, no PLing. Sure, everyone still knows everything. We know the zones, the nameds, the drops. It'll never be 'classic' as per, but with your outloook on it we may as well slit our throats because we'll eventually die of old age, the sun exploding, the stars receding, whatever.

Green will eventually become almost as saturated as blue is with twinks etc, but it will be fresh, which is a different experience. THE experience that most people want out of EQ. It's not about being the fattest, sweatiest most pathetic neckbeard ever to live, as you suggested. It's to experience a classic server without twinks, PL's, and enchanters/shamans/melees with fungis soloing every camp.
Closed Thread