Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 06:01 PM
Kobold

Default Looking for staff clarification on rules about camping

Is it allowed for a camp (for example the named orc camp in highpass aka the shiny brass idol camp) to be indefinitely occupied? Is it allowed for guild members to pass the camp off in an unbroken chain of succession? In the Play Nice Policy,

Quote:
In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off.
the rules talk about a camp being held by a player, not a guild, and it doesn't seem like the rules make any provision for a camp being passed off from one person to another regardless of their affiliation.
Last edited by DiogenesThaDogg; 02-11-2019 at 06:07 PM..
Old 02-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

This will probably alleviate some confusion:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...19&postcount=9

So, ya, it wouldn't be terribly difficult for a decent sized guild to lock down a campable spawn/mob.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:22 PM
Banned

Lists and hand offs can go on forever.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:25 PM
Kobold

Yeah it’s very annoying but completely allowed on P99.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

You can continue to camp a single spawn point for as long as you want and give it to whomever you wish when you're done.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can continue to camp a single spawn point for as long as you want and give it to whomever you wish when you're done.
I believe there was a King Tranix or Ancient Cyclops ruling that once you get the item you are camping you have to hand off the camp if someone else wants it.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

The amount of effort involved with holding down a camp 24/7 strikes me as incredible. 3 am? 4 am? I found the best way to get a camp I want is show up there about 2 am CST and wait. By 4 am the camp is usually mine. Now I have only done this for things like AC camp or the sisters camp in Lfay or an epic mob for my Druid. I have never tried to camp fungi tunics or anything like that.

Remember if they die or log off then the camp is vacated and can be claimed by anyone that is around. Not saying I would wish anyone to die but if they go LD and don't come back by the next spawn pop then you would be FTE. It's all about being in the right place at the right time.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 02-11-2019, 06:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The amount of effort involved with holding down a camp 24/7 strikes me as incredible. 3 am? 4 am? I found the best way to get a camp I want is show up there about 2 am CST and wait. By 4 am the camp is usually mine. Now I have only done this for things like AC camp or the sisters camp in Lfay or an epic mob for my Druid. I have never tried to camp fungi tunics or anything like that.

Remember if they die or log off then the camp is vacated and can be claimed by anyone that is around. Not saying I would wish anyone to die but if they go LD and don't come back by the next spawn pop then you would be FTE. It's all about being in the right place at the right time.
If the camp is held 24/7 by multiple people there is no "the right time".
Old 02-11-2019, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesThaDogg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Key word there is multiple. If only one is holding the camp then there could be the right time. If multiple people are always there then yeah, you're screwed.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 02-11-2019, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesThaDogg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you go LD you would have to ping someone on discord to come take the camp. If you are at the camp waiting odds are you got your shot before the rep can come. I highly highly doubt there are multiple people from one guild literally in the flesh camping the spawn waiting for the hand off.