Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Mikeo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, the greatest takeaway from this thread is how much time Loramin spends trying to express to people how smart he thinks he is.
Got anything better than a one-liner to disprove his claim? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2019, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Mikeo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, the greatest takeaway from this thread is how much time Loramin spends trying to express to people how smart he thinks he is.
You must be new here: if you weren't you'd know that has nothing to do with this thread, as I post the same way in every thread. To be fair though, it's less about wanting to express how smart I think I am, and more about being a former Literature major and current college instructor who has a functional inability to write brief/succinct posts ... but also I do think I'm kinda smart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Plus my mom says I am.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-28-2019 at 08:44 PM..
Old 02-28-2019, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the worst things an admin can do is start banning people who aren't actually doing anything wrong.

What if someone legitimately has a shitty shaky connection? Is he required to tell people it might blow out at any moment? What if he doesn't tell the list it can blow at any moment but he tells his friend and his friends sticks around.

Do you think this is easy to police?

What if someone is a constant menace to rule lists but legitimately has connection issues? What would you do?
The staff aren't idiots, and they can distinguish a consistent rule breaker. Again, if someone happens to LD and his guildie takes over once the staff might think it was an accident. Maybe even twice. But after three times, neither the staff nor anyone else will be fooled by your Internet connection which magically works perfectly all of the time ... except when it's time to honor a list.

It's the exact same thing with many other things on this server. "Accidentally" KS someone's mob? If it's your first time and you're polite to the staff you may well get off with nothing more than a warning. But do it several times, and I guarantee you'll eat a suspension or ban.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-28-2019 at 08:43 PM..
Closed Thread