Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 10:22 PM
Aviak

curious what the verdict is on this, are we going full classic or half classic?
Old 10-16-2019, 11:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not an exploit when it's classic gameplay.

it's an all or nothing approach. Rogean has said multiple times that they'll make it as pure to classic as possible, even if it means nobody plays it.

You don't get to label something an exploit just because people can benefit from it.

It's either classic, or it's not.
You don't get to make shit up either.
What the devs have actually said is that they will prioritize "classic environment" over "classic mechanics". We have had 20 years to learn the secrets of everquest, so somethings that are super exploitable (look it up in a dictionary) need to be left out.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:39 PM
Fire Giant

Does anyone remember the giant exploit where they upped price of pottery patterns with a warning ahead of time or something and people were stockpiling packs of 20 at the cheap rate, to revendor at the new price?

I remember lots of level 10 people getting a few hundred easy PP out of it back toward game release.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:03 PM
Fire Giant

It was on Everlore in 2000, meaning people who used that knew about it. It looks like it was nerfed sometime in between 2000 and 2001.

"this quest has been nerfed for months, you now get a first level starting spell which sells for 1sp plus some copper. quest is only good for faction."
Discord:Boommaster/Tinkermaster#9869
Old 10-18-2019, 02:15 AM
Banned

asking for exploits to be put in is just stupid, i dont understand how a bunch of old computer nerds could be so obtuse
Old 10-18-2019, 10:57 AM
Aviak

is jboots dropping in najena an exploit? is guise an exploit? this is just as much of a part of classic early on as those things.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy47 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is jboots dropping in najena an exploit? is guise an exploit? this is just as much of a part of classic early on as those things.
Do you know what "exploitable" means, sir? Let me use different words so that maybe you can understand:

Allowing a repeatable, fast, low effort newbie quest to reward large amounts of coin is detrimental to the economy. While that behavior may be classic, it would not have been exploited in 1999 to the extent that it would be in 2019, when everyone has 20 years of experience and has solved all of the best ways to do things.

The point of this server is "classic experience and atmosphere", not "100% classic mechanics". If there is a conflict between those to things, and the behavior is detrimental to the health of the server, it will probably not go in.

This has been stated over and over. I know people like you are kind of thick/slow and probably even me breaking it down for you won't help (if the handle "BigDaddy47" is any indication), but please, give up.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:34 AM
Orc

In classic over 90% of the playerbase didnt even know about these kinda things, here on p99 it is the other way around 90% of the playerbase knows about these kinda exploits and are just foaming at the mouth to abuse them, they are going as classic as they can but somethings need to be gone and these kinda quests are one of them (not gone of course but nerfed like they eventually were with the right 1s spells instead of a spell worth platinum at low level), im sorry you wanted EZ pp to flood the economy and make everything more expensive in the EC tunnel but they will probably pass on letting these things into green (im not even playing green and i think these things should be out)
Old 10-19-2019, 05:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

If that's an exploit then we gotta remove item recharging.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you know what "exploitable" means, sir? Let me use different words so that maybe you can understand:

Allowing a repeatable, fast, low effort newbie quest to reward large amounts of coin is detrimental to the economy. While that behavior may be classic, it would not have been exploited in 1999 to the extent that it would be in 2019, when everyone has 20 years of experience and has solved all of the best ways to do things.

The point of this server is "classic experience and atmosphere", not "100% classic mechanics". If there is a conflict between those to things, and the behavior is detrimental to the health of the server, it will probably not go in.

This has been stated over and over. I know people like you are kind of thick/slow and probably even me breaking it down for you won't help (if the handle "BigDaddy47" is any indication), but please, give up.
But... what about all the other repeatable, fast, low effort newbie quests? 3pp seems high for a 2 zone run, sure, but there are other quests with almost as good rewards as what OP says this used to give out. Where is the line? Should there be a line? No quest should be able to reward more then 10pp an hour? 100? Or is it just that 3pp is to much, who cares about hourly rates? Is Going Postal, well, postal?
Closed Thread