Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

Default Clickfests?

Recently, I've been noticing that lots of folk have been (seemingly) making an effort, across multiple platforms - reddit, these forums, the p99 discord, the sock for Sentry Badain himself - to pin the blame on someone for the fact that we have no choice but to engage in a terrible click fest for the ring 10 turn in. AG says Riot is to blame; Riot pins the blame on Freedom (I suppose if we're being fair the blame would properly fall on <Guild> or <Renamed Guild>, perhaps <Ghost> or maybe <Ghxst>; for the purposes of this rant and/or flame lets treat <Freedom> as the latest in the post-AM chain of entity succession).

Lots of finger pointing and allegations of who is the unreasonable party responsible for our collective misery, but not much in the way of supporting info. Let's get it all out there. Who's in favor of what? Whose fault is it that the last agreement broke down, and that a new one isn't in place? Who has proposed what in its place, and who has opposed for what reasons? Which of us is some combination of sad / mad / bad?

In short: who's stupid fault is it that i spent 5 hours on friday staring at a room full of equally-sick pixel fiends only to watch Sentry Badain spawn and despawn in about 1.5 seconds because someone else had their cursor in the exact right place to turn in the milisecond he spawned?

(inb4: beta server; "sorry you didn't get coldain loot"; welfare pixels; classic v. not classic; etc).
Old 09-08-2020, 12:50 PM
Aviak

i mean if there were no people there would be no clickfest
Old 09-08-2020, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Riot ended their participation in the most recent rotation for ring war, tunare, and ST. Period. Full stop. That's the facts. AG wanted to continue these rotations in some form and Riot didn't. They were all most recently rotations between only those two entities.

In fairness you can make the case that Riot felt their hand was forced, as they tend to do. Does that make it Freedomghostnamed's "fault"? Is is equally or more AG's fault for being allied with them? That's more for you to decide I guess, and everyone seems to spin it for their own biases.
Old 09-08-2020, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In fairness you can make the case that Riot felt their hand was forced, as they tend to do. Does that make it Freedomghostnamed's "fault"? Is is equally or more AG's fault for being allied with them? That's more for you to decide I guess, and everyone seems to spin it for their own biases.
This is what we're here to figure out! Lets get all the info out there so the unwashed masses of RnF can decide who we should be angry at!
Old 09-08-2020, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

Thats what I have heard as well. Rotations were a thing, people were unhappy. Riot said no to the proposed changes, and there counterproposal was to just blow up the rotation.
Old 09-08-2020, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who's stupid fault is it that i spent 5 hours on friday staring at a room full of equally-sick pixel fiends only to watch Sentry Badain spawn and despawn in about 1.5 seconds because someone else had their cursor in the exact right place to turn in the milisecond he spawned?
yours
Old 09-08-2020, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Riot said no to the proposed changes, and there counterproposal was to just blow up the rotation.
What changes? What counter proposal? All i know if that AG blames Riot, Riot blames Freedom and/or AG. Lookin' for details.
Old 09-08-2020, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yours
Acknowledged, and mostly correct. No one made me go click fest.

But who made it a click fest in the first place?
Old 09-08-2020, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

I wasn't there for the ending of the rotation but I think it had something to do with a guild leaving Sentry Badain up for like 10 hours when the agreement was something about completing the war "in a timely manner."

Faster ring war is completed = faster the next one spawns = more ring wars overall

These types of agreements are usually tied to other agreements also. There might be another agreement down the road but I really doubt it'll be only RW that is affected.

I like the clickfest tho tbh.
Old 09-08-2020, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

5 years into velious farming on a 21 year elf emulated server.

Consider none of this matters and you dont have warder loot.
Closed Thread