Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

This guy is out of his mind for like 10kpp you are pegged at maximum intelligence its impossible not to max.

In vanilla era, the erudite makes sense due to limited gear.

In velious era, terrible choice.

Similarly, in vanilla era, a high elf paladin is pretty aweful, but in velious era, best choice.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-11-2021, 05:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy is out of his mind for like 10kpp you are pegged at maximum intelligence its impossible not to max.

In vanilla era, the erudite makes sense due to limited gear.

In velious era, terrible choice.

Similarly, in vanilla era, a high elf paladin is pretty aweful, but in velious era, best choice.
Log on and battle 60 necros? I will if you do. Pip

Also logged in my very geared necro and he isnt 255 int and doesnt have a starting int of 75. Buzz off ya dingus and learn eq
Last edited by totmanc; 02-11-2021 at 05:43 PM..
Old 02-11-2021, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

My necro has like 109 int DE and my cleric 90 wis. Both are fine and ppl like grping even tho I'm a scrub without even MR gear.
Old 02-11-2021, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by totmanc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Log on and battle 60 necros? I will if you do. Pip

Also logged in my very geared necro and he isnt 255 int and doesnt have a starting int of 75. Buzz off ya dingus and learn eq
It depends where you want to call good geared vs not good geared.

Not good geared - this guy isn't going to see a drop of PVP, ever. So better off with an iksar.

Good Geared - this guy is better off with an iksar.

There is only 1 area where a higher intelligence race is superior, and it is when you're in a pvp battle dumping all on costly lifetaps and run yourself OOM. You have a 32 intelligence advantage which is negated by gear relatively quickly. Plus you need to put 5 into agility so you're at a 27 point advantage with no regen.

That's all I am trying to say. Sorry for coming out of the gate with a personal insult the way I did, but in my mind the iksar bonus is an easy tradeoff and well I felt like having some fun.

Biggest point in favor of an erudite or gnome is that they are non KOS race so can travel more of norrath with more freedom without faction work, and the erudite gets to be based in a super cool secret evil base in paineel which is almost worth it too if you're into it. These days I wouldn't do an erudite because of the night blind.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:14 PM
Kobold

https://wiki.project1999.com/Mantle_of_Souls

ez quest takes like 1 hour with ports
Old 02-11-2021, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Thats a decent item but not enough justification for an erudite man.

Edit- going off topic this poster can pick whatever race he wants who cares. TotmanC more power to you and your erudite necro my friend.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 02-11-2021 at 07:24 PM..
Old 02-11-2021, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

Lol new to red and instantly walls of text from the same folks. Maybe this guy will stay. Working really hard for a possible +1 these days.
Old 02-12-2021, 02:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol new to red and instantly walls of text from the same folks. Maybe this guy will stay. Working really hard for a possible +1 these days.
Its not recruitment.. the guys already here.. I enjoy talking about how fun, cool, deep the game is. Whats possible. Try it sometime.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Yes that is almost the only thing that the 40-90 population currently playing on server do, they mostly log in for raids or are pharming high value mobs in small squads like fungus king probably is always killed, and tantor and lodizel other such killable mobs with good value dropable items. I am not sure who they sell these things to but they definitely make sure to get those mobs.

2. No, this is not a classic server it follows a custom ruleset that has changed over the years. Currently it is a plus or minus 4 levels PVP range server, all held coin is looted, with no EXP loss to PVP death. PVP death originally resulted in PVP loss, which resulted in griefing since there was no way to punish a player killer (guy who hangs out waiting to murder players) since his items were not lootable, and he didn't need exp since he had no intensions of leveling up. This resulted in much reduced PVP since no one had any reason to waste their time fighting a player killer when there only reward would be either wasted time, or EXP loss.

3. Play what class you like. You will have more fun with a solo class because you will be able to progress unhindered. Right now if you were interested in putting in some hours I would bet my life that any of the existing guilds would be willing to either log on one of their alts to group with you or power level the crap out of you to get you up to the raidable levels faster. However, this will take quite a bit of the "quest" out of the game, so it is your call.

The druid is a great class and can explore the game very enjoyably. Its tactically more wise to start with a class that you are familiar with but that is up to you. At the highest levels with the best possible gear, melee characters tend to be more powerful as they are stacked with resistance to all types of magic and are not hindered by limited manapool in their stomping of enemies. These same characters are not the best for killing cool mobs or doing quests alone since they are melee and spellcasters shine here.

So kinda take your pick. No classes truly suck though we all have our preferences. I don't like being a high level mage much, but at low levels they're a lot of fun.

If you do start playing regularly here, you will find a lot of good pals that are happy to have new blood to the server and will probably help you progress so I wouldn't be totally reluctant to make a more group dependent class if it was your preference.

Unlike blue, racial benefits matter more significantly here because PVP is much more demanding on a character, so a human monk is going to be meaningfully weaker than an iksar monk because of the superior regen and mitigation that the iksar has. Likewise, an Ogre version of any of the classes it can play gives you some real advantage, and as a new player you may want every advantage you can get.

Barbarian rogues can use throwing boulders, which are really strong, so I suggest a barbarian if you make a rogue.

There are numerous examples of best in class PVPers who chose to be "inferior" races, in the end your own skill and tenacity are much more significant than any racial benefits, but it is something to keep in mind.

Expect to be bullied. Don't lash out like a 12 year old when his manliness is questioned. Keep a level head and know that you should be friends with all these people. Theres not enough of them to write any of them off IMO.
Gustoo gives good advice. He is a good guy.

Necro with high mana is a good idea at low levels due to mana. Iksar is good too though. I think iksar is best though because I don't want to panic while in lich and int is easy to get at high levels.

I'm used to red so I may easily ignore people calling people noobs after they get pvped. I've seen the joy of red server though so its easy for me to play even if someone calls me a noob. I don't want to jinx it though! >_< People might just always find holes in what people say.
Old 02-13-2021, 11:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been playing! I'm an Iskar Necro! Been soloing in Field of bones, on newbie ramp :}
Closed Thread