Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Anyhow, I did mention that it is possible for items to have had a procmod that was changed prior to this discovery. This could very well be the case for Mistwalker and other items.

I do believe that items such as BSH and BoneThunder Staff received their procmod when the spell system was heavily revamped. These changes appeared to be automatically applied as opposed to applied to individual items. I will delve into that a bit later in this post.

Lets look at both those examples:

BoneThunder Staff's proc (Ward Undead) went from a level 4 cleric spell to a level 2 cleric spell where the damage went from 40ish to 12ish. Alongside that, the proc rate went from 0% to 350%.

BSH is probably the most visible of this change since it shares its proc with other weapons. Every item with the same proc as BSH (Winter's Roar) has almost the same procmod. This includes an item that procs Winter's Roar that may not even be obtainable in game. http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=509

Personally, I don't know why there are slight variations of the same spell in proc rates. This could be related to the level the item procs at or which class can equip it or some other factor, I'm not sure, but it's pretty clear in these cases that it was the spell that caused the item to receive the procmod and not the other way around.

Another thing to keep in mind is that around the time of this change, many items with classic spells (spells that had their values changed) also switched from the casted version of the spell to another version of the spell that was not castable. In other words, the Lifedraw procced by a weapon was different than the Lifedraw now casted by the necromancer. As such, those items kept their proc the same as well as their mod the same. The procmod changes appeared to be only on weapons that kept the original spell.
Last edited by pasi; 08-18-2014 at 12:27 PM..
Old 08-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Explain to me like I'm five, Maurice.
When you were 3 years old, Uncle Mo gave you a giant box consisting of Hulk Hogan Action Figurines and Ultimate Warrior Figurines. Uncle Mo never told you how to open this box, so it sat in your room. A few years later, you figured out how to open the box and when you did, you counted up all the Ultimate Warrior Figurines because you didn't like the Hulkster. You double checked yourself and made absolute sure that there were 38 Ultimate Warrior Figurines in that box the moment that you opened it.

Now, there could have been more than 38 Ultimate Warriors in that box, your brother Xandarr could have taken out 1 or 2 of the Ultimate Warriors, but he's a brother who usually tells you when he does something like that.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you were 3 years old, Uncle Mo gave you a giant box consisting of Hulk Hogan Action Figurines and Ultimate Warrior Figurines. Uncle Mo never told you how to open this box, so it sat in your room. A few years later, you figured out how to open the box and when you did, you counted up all the Ultimate Warrior Figurines because you didn't like the Hulkster. You double checked yourself and made absolute sure that there were 38 Ultimate Warrior Figurines in that box the moment that you opened it.

Now, there could have been more than 38 Ultimate Warriors in that box, your brother Xandarr could have taken out 1 or 2 of the Ultimate Warriors, but he's a brother who usually tells you when he does something like that.
But I love the Hulkster!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-18-2014, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

My argument with the Mistwalker nerf is that they had the ability to modify the proc rate on items. It would make sense that items such as Ringed Mace of Ykesha would be taken out because they were deemed too strong.

Edit: And I haven't posted this on bug forums because how do I prove it? There is going to be people saying "I love this weapon, it procs a lot!" regardless of it having a proc or not. People in 1999 / 2000 didn't know anything about EQ. They sure didn't know max dexterity would equal 2-2.5PPM, or anything like that. They would see their weapons get lucky strings of procs and say "Wow this weapon is awesome!" or bad luck on procs and say "I don't like this weapon, it doesn't proc much."
Last edited by Freakish; 08-18-2014 at 01:23 PM..
Old 08-18-2014, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

And your argument only makes sense in the extremely unlikely event that ringed mace had a proc mod for a while, and that proc mod was then was removed, which would have eliminated the "need" for it to be removed in the first place.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=6607

Notice in the history how it doesn't have a proc mod and hasn't since lucy started? What makes you think it ever had a modified rate other than the fact that it stopped dropping?

Ringed mace was only in for a few weeks at most. Some dev probably designed it and it somehow ended up as a random drop, so they took it out and forgot about it.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Didn't it have a proc mod here for a while? Thats why I think it had a proc mod.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

In fact here's a more likely scenario: Look at the item ID in lucy. it's 6607. Now look at all the items around it (6603-6609, you can change it in the address bar). They're all HS drops. I bet some dev created several items planned for HS one day, someone else put it in the global file for KC, and they took it out when someone figured the RvR for it as a KC drop was too high.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't it have a proc mod here for a while? Thats why I think it had a proc mod.
Shouldn't have, it never did on live nor does it to this day.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

I know Sword of Runes had its proc rate reduced when they nerfed pets and that spell proccing in one of the early game patches. It was quite severe, pets used to spam the fuck out of that weapon.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know Sword of Runes had its proc rate reduced when they nerfed pets and that spell proccing in one of the early game patches. It was quite severe, pets used to spam the fuck out of that weapon.
RIP in peace sword of runes

Fucking things were awesome

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Closed Thread