Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2021, 06:37 PM
Banned

Children in Kamala Harris's NASA video were paid actors

She couldn't impress a room full of kids paid to be enthusiastic. When the kids actually with Kamala you can see the poor little talents struggling to follow and trying to figure out when to positively exclaim.
Old 10-18-2021, 02:09 AM
Fire Giant

Let's go Brandon!
Old 10-18-2021, 07:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
How Political Opinions Change
The experiment relies on a phenomenon known as choice blindness. Choice blindness was discovered in 2005 by a team of Swedish researchers. They presented participants with two photos of faces and asked participants to choose the photo they thought was more attractive, and then handed participants that photo. Using a clever trick inspired by stage magic, when participants received the photo it had been switched to the person not chosen by the participant—the less attractive photo. Remarkably, most participants accepted this card as their own choice and then proceeded to give arguments for why they had chosen that face in the first place. This revealed a striking mismatch between our choices and our ability to rationalize outcomes. This same finding has since been replicated in various domains including taste for jam, financial decisions, and eye-witness testimony.
Basically, political parties have a gaslight express hook-up in your brain if you're identified with them. They have many ways to convince you that whatever opinion they want you to have, is the opinion you always had.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The "chad" in this cartoon holds himself to a much higher standard than you do. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Unfortunately, he's rare in real life. And he's dating me.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:36 AM
Banned

Ya lol.

Mblake.

You can be cool. Pick up a new sword and stop fighting the weakest apes.
Old 10-18-2021, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The "chad" in this cartoon holds himself to a much higher standard than you do. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Kinda makes me want my own chad tbh
Old 10-18-2021, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically, political parties have a gaslight express hook-up in your brain if you're identified with them. They have many ways to convince you that whatever opinion they want you to have, is the opinion you always had.
Ideologies are like that. It's a boundary for acceptable thought reinforced by a sense of community, and it's a fear of being ostracized for expressing unacceptable thoughts. Political parties, feminism or really political movements in general... LGBT spaces even gender roles. It's nice to imagine oneself beyond that, but I'm pretty aware of what affiliations bias me. I imagine most people don't acknowledge that.

All comes down to a sense of I'm this, not that. In group out group. In my case, it's a never ending liminal state. I'm kinda like this and kinda not. Transition I think detached me from any covalent bonds to any particular group. It's all loose affiliations now that I get attached to and break from easily. "Be like water."
Last edited by Cecily; 10-18-2021 at 10:25 AM..
Old 10-18-2021, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

You guys are not democrats? Sounds like trump support up in here.
Old 10-18-2021, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You have none though, so you can't judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya lol.

Mblake.

You can be cool. Pick up a new sword and stop fighting the weakest apes.
They don't let me walk the path of peace.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ideologies are like that. It's a boundary for acceptable thought reinforced by a sense of community, and it's a fear of being ostracized for expressing unacceptable thoughts. Political parties, feminism or really political movements in general... LGBT spaces even gender roles. It's nice to imagine oneself beyond that, but I'm pretty aware of what affiliations bias me. I imagine most people don't acknowledge that.

All comes down to a sense of I'm this, not that. In group out group. In my case, it's a never ending liminal state. I'm kinda like this and kinda not. Transition I think detached me from any covalent bonds to any particular group. It's all loose affiliations now that I get attached to and break from easily. "Be like water."
We are supposed to be anons here, you wouldn't know i am a hillbilly nor would i know that any of you forfeited your rites as a man and went to chop town. Its an EQ board but mostly filled with non-EQ things. You have brought this on yourselves and asked for more because deep down you enjoy it. Did you all see the new Hiam film trailer "American Insurrection"? it has an IT getting rubbed down sensually by a hillbilly hick that IT comes back to shoot.

Issues to say the least.