Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure you and I could even manage a win against Trump, people really hate that obese pedophile.
I dunno man

Pretty sure everyone chanting Let's Go Brandon right now because Old Dude is terrible
Old 10-18-2021, 11:00 PM
Banned

Jimmy Dore is selling "lets go brandon" T-shirts. https://the-jimmy-dore-show.creator-...489?product=46
Old 10-18-2021, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jimmy Dore is selling "lets go brandon" T-shirts. https://the-jimmy-dore-show.creator-...489?product=46
he's a grifting F-word; the skip bayless of leftwing politics
Old 10-18-2021, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, Cecily...I'm trying to get people to step back from the lowest common denominator mind controls like political parties and the two different MSM teams. What your post effectively does there is use academic psychology to rationalize why its probably fine because we all do it.

But the thing about human inherent biases like this, is it greatly matters how familiar you are with them. For example: people are loss adverse. We get more dissatisfaction out of losing $1000, then we gain in satisfaction from gaining $1000.

Wallstreet traders are close to immune to this effect. They trade (assume risk) a lot more rationally. Being risk neutral is really the only way to beat the game. Otherwise your probably gonna be one of those idiots investing in every peak and selling every dip. Or perhaps keeping all your money in T-bills or cash rather than something which much higher returns and still low risk.

I think you might be underestimating how sticky ideologies are when it comes to IDEA part. We colloquially call democrats and republicans ideologies...but the thing about these two communities -- is there ideology changes all the time.

Democrats have always been about balanced budgets and funding tesla -- wait a minute -- that is nothing like the party before Clinton...Him and his neoliberal movement took over the community called democrats and changed a lot of their ideology to be more in line with theirs.

Rerpublicans used to be a northeastern party that wanted structural improvements, congressional supremacy, and an eventual end to slavery.

I don't think there's a lot of that left as far as republican "ideology" is concerned.

Compare this with the ideas associated with "Libertarian" or "marxist" -- these (that are actual ideologies) have changed far less.
I don't think its fine at all. It's sad to watch! I think the idea part is far less important than the fact these are teams and you follow your team, with whatever ideas they're going with at the moment. And the other team can go fuck itself. This inherently does not lend itself to compromise or resolution of issues. Due to the fact that opposing world views are all "correct" from the context which leads one to adopt them, the only winning move is not to play. Then you have a better view. Affiliating yourself with any political movement or belief system is akin to asking a mob to think for you.
Last edited by Cecily; 10-18-2021 at 11:33 PM..
Old 10-18-2021, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha republicans *used to* want an end to slavery? So what now they think it's good? When did they stop wanting that?

Ideologies do change, because the world changes and governments adapt to those changes.

Currently, democrats are using terms like "black white supremacist" unironically, when a black person strays from the democrat plantation. Which party has the slave-owning mentality right now? Please remind me.
Back when the Republican party was founded -- anti-slavery was the main unifying principal that united them. Lincoln won on a platform of ending the expansion of slavery, and then relocating black people "back to Africa."

Lincoln was convinced black people would never be treated fairly here -- so it would be best for them and whites. His black friend Douglass, talked him out of it. He was the only intelligent free black guy he ran it by and his disapproval was big to him.

They didn't want black people here for the same reason people don't want Mexican immigrants today -- they were viewed as lowering wages for white people and taking jobs.

At least that's the populist anti-slavery position. The elite anti-slavery position was about how wrong it was to treat black humans that way. It was well off whites from the northeast and a few elite black allies that made the core of this coalition.

Basically, the Republicans used to be partially a socially liberal party, and partly a socially conservative party. That changed when the post-Johnson realignment happened. The Republican party basically flipped to be socially conservative to get whites in the south. And its a big part of how their party works ever since.

The democrat plantation argument I think is just a false narrative. Slavery comes from the South. Democrats were supportive of slavery because they were a southern based party.

Now the south is with the Republicans. And they are trying to pawn off the history of slavery on the modern northeastern democrats. Its deeply misleading.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 10-18-2021 at 11:20 PM..
Old 10-18-2021, 11:25 PM
Banned

Who the heck is Jimmy Dore?

Hmm he seems like a left wing dude. I like his fantasy he has for himself on his t-shirt. Yknow if more progressives actually took that kinda care of their bodies they could be the double threat to their lefty girls: sensitive progressive thinking empath AND in great shape? They’d be slaying it. Ah well…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3C386FAD-ECF3-46FC-96EB-488800DB55F1.jpg (22.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-18-2021, 11:33 PM
Banned

Dore is basically the only angry white guy on the leftwing media "darkweb" or whatever you want to call it. Even if they don't like his leftwing views -- a lot of conservatives like him because he bitches about how corrupt the democrats are.

He is mostly on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/thejimmydoreshow
Last edited by JurisDictum; 10-18-2021 at 11:38 PM..
Old 10-18-2021, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Back when the Republican party was founded -- anti-slavery was the main unifying principal that united them. Lincoln won on a platform of ending the expansion of slavery, and then relocating black people "back to Africa."

Lincoln was convinced black people would never be treated fairly here -- so it would be best for them and whites. His black friend Douglass, talked him out of it. He was the only intelligent free black guy he ran it by and his disapproval was big to him.

They didn't want black people here for the same reason people don't want Mexican immigrants today -- they were viewed as lowering wages for white people and taking jobs.

At least that's the populist anti-slavery position. The elite anti-slavery position was about how wrong it was to treat black humans that way. It was well off whites from the northeast and a few elite black allies that made the core of this coalition.

Basically, the Republicans used to be partially a socially liberal party, and partly a socially conservative party. That changed when the post-Johnson realignment happened. The Republican party basically flipped to be socially conservative to get whites in the south. And its a big part of how their party works ever since.

The democrat plantation argument I think is just a false narrative. Slavery comes from the South. Democrats were supportive of slavery because they were a southern based party.

Now the south is with the Republicans. And they are trying to pawn off the history of slavery on the modern northeastern democrats. Its deeply misleading.
The Democrat plantation is a form of slavery. Obviously it’s not real slavery, not even close, but there are lots of dysfunctional elements

Democrats coddle black people for their vote. And when I say coddle I mean ignore, suppress, or apologize for all the dysfunctional things going on within the black communities. Republicans sometimes overly-criticize, democrats coddle. I can’t really say that Democrats taking a “blame others, avoid personal responsibility for your situation” is completely unique to their approach with black folks. They do it with everyone. It’s effective

It’s much tougher to accept that you are your problem. That your parents are your problem. That your community is your problem. Obviously there are other outside factors but big biiiig inside factors as well

And once you start adopting the personal responsibility approach, the stop blaming white people for all your problems approach, you are off the plantation and working for the white supremacists keeping you down

You can (and I expect you to) disagree, but just showing that’s the conservative perspective on the “plantation”
Old 10-18-2021, 11:41 PM
Banned

I guess my main point is there isn't any actual continuity there. Its just a rightwing way of inspiring rightwing black people. And most of them I've seen do like the idea.

But obviously 90% of them are dems and think its ridiculous.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation Reported

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We are supposed to be anons here, you wouldn't know i am a hillbilly nor would i know that any of you forfeited your rites as a man and went to chop town. Its an EQ board but mostly filled with non-EQ things. You have brought this on yourselves and asked for more because deep down you enjoy it. Did you all see the new Hiam film trailer "American Insurrection"? it has an IT getting rubbed down sensually by a hillbilly hick that IT comes back to shoot.

Issues to say the least.
This may come as a shock to you, but I'm a trans woman. You just committed a hate crime, buddy.
Closed Thread