Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 11:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess my main point is there isn't any actual continuity there. Its just a rightwing way of inspiring rightwing black people. And most of them I've seen do like the idea.

But obviously 90% of them are dems and think its ridiculous.
Oh ya I was meaning more nowadays, not historically
Old 10-18-2021, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Democrat plantation is a form of slavery. Obviously it’s not real slavery, not even close, but there are lots of dysfunctional elements

Democrats coddle black people for their vote. And when I say coddle I mean ignore, suppress, or apologize for all the dysfunctional things going on within the black communities. Republicans sometimes overly-criticize, democrats coddle. I can’t really say that Democrats taking a “blame others, avoid personal responsibility for your situation” is completely unique to their approach with black folks. They do it with everyone. It’s effective

It’s much tougher to accept that you are your problem. That your parents are your problem. That your community is your problem. Obviously there are other outside factors but big biiiig inside factors as well

And once you start adopting the personal responsibility approach, the stop blaming white people for all your problems approach, you are off the plantation and working for the white supremacists keeping you down

You can (and I expect you to) disagree, but just showing that’s the conservative perspective on the “plantation”
I do disagree. You're doing collective blaming for a traditionally marginalized group.

Black people are OK, imo.

Do better.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do disagree. You're doing collective blaming for a traditionally marginalized group.

Black people are OK, imo.

Do better.
Coddling. Bad stuff happened to me in the past therefore nothing bad that happens to me in the present is my fault

Do better
Old 10-18-2021, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Coddling. Bad stuff happened to me in the past therefore nothing bad that happens to me in the present is my fault

Do better
Coddling is a word that doesn't belong in politics.

It's more for babies(who are idiots) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-18-2021, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Internal locus of control is pretty neat, despite what grandpa thinks is wrong with black people. It's probably the best thing right-wing has going for it, besides Jesus.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:52 PM
Banned

This video is a good little cartoon about how the social control evolved historically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ieeYF2hvfo

Its a music video but you can turn the sound down if your not into it.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Internal locus of control is pretty neat, despite what grandpa thinks is wrong with black people. It's probably the best thing right-wing has going for it, besides Jesus.
Hey you’ve heard of the locus of control! And knows Bruce Lee quotes. And willing to call bullshit when she sees it. Not bad at all Cecily

And yeah “coddling” might not be the best term but it’s the best I got in the few minutes I’m typing this before I go swim laps

TTY all later
Old 10-19-2021, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
View Post
The Democrat plantation is a form of slavery. Obviously it’s not real slavery, not even close, but there are lots of dysfunctional elements

Democrats coddle black people for their vote. And when I say coddle I mean ignore, suppress, or apologize for all the dysfunctional things going on within the black communities. Republicans sometimes overly-criticize, democrats coddle. I can’t really say that Democrats taking a “blame others, avoid personal responsibility for your situation” is completely unique to their approach with black folks. They do it with everyone. It’s effective

It’s much tougher to accept that you are your problem. That your parents are your problem. That your community is your problem. Obviously there are other outside factors but big biiiig inside factors as well

And once you start adopting the personal responsibility approach, the stop blaming white people for all your problems approach, you are off the plantation and working for the white supremacists keeping you down

You can (and I expect you to) disagree, but just showing that’s the conservative perspective on the “plantation”
Overly criticize is putting it pretty lightly for you the South will rise again folks.
Old 10-19-2021, 12:46 AM
Fire Giant

Its a CNN versus Fox war and nothing else these fuckin morons don't have political opinions. Their soul is as shallow as a dried up river.
They wouldn't know truth if it hit them in the ass.
Old 10-19-2021, 12:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, internal locus of control is kinda bullshit, too. You can't escape being influenced by external factors due to being a member of society. Your life is very much out of your hands in a number of ways. I imagine most people pick the one most comforting to them, but it's both at the same time. That said, believing you have control is way more empowering and puts you in a better position to push back against elements of society trying to hold you down.
Well ya it’s obv both. Society, or more broadly life in general, will always remind us of things we can’t control

The concept was always meant to be on an individual basis. As external negative events happen to us as an individual, our locus of control shrinks. As we accomplish a task or goal we set for ourselves, our locus of control widens (hint: start small!)

It’s more of a individual psychological phenomenon than a worldview tbh
Closed Thread