Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2021, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never seen anything from the original devs suggesting this. Source?
I'll have to try and dig it up but it was basically one of them saying that they had wanted to instance some areas but the technology wasn't really available at the time. It was during an interview about WoW classic and their instanced raids.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:03 PM
Sarnak

And by WoW Classic I mean original WoW back in 2004 not the most recent crap.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not making the fat cash that the p1999 server is raking in, I'm just noticing how things aren't classic, and moving away from the concept of "classic EQ".

Looking forward to the ENCH CHA nerf, which will help a lot of people understand how the server is being lead.

Feels based posts, from people that have zero clue about old school EQ are the prime directive.
Who the fuck is this cunt?

Somebody that doesn’t have a fungi by the sound of things
Old 10-22-2021, 03:06 PM
Banned

doubt anyone who played eq in its classic got "fungis", "max level", "killed dragons"

from the looks of it, it was just a bunch of wood elf rangers who finally got level 36

halfway into shadows of luclin
Old 10-22-2021, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
doubt anyone who played eq in its classic got "fungis", "max level", "killed dragons"

from the looks of it, it was just a bunch of wood elf rangers who finally got level 36

Ok you made me laugh I'll give this one to you
Old 10-23-2021, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That was me, except it was a wood elf rogue. People really underestimate how trivial the wiki makes this game.
Old 10-25-2021, 11:23 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing relevant about the server is classic.

Classic didn't have rotations. It didn't have boosted MR and specific (nerfs) rules for the fungi King camp.

I like the server and the people enabling it, but to state this server is anything near classic, while moving away from the spirit of classic (how about rogues stealing beads?) is a joke.

P1999 is a custom server and nothing else.
Actually, our server had rotations, managed on a shared calendar between the top 2 or 3 guilds. At least until partway through Velious.

Tho I understand we were the exception, not the rule. It was actually pretty darn nice to never have to rush to a raid mob.
Old 10-25-2021, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

True, which makes it hilarious. Because YOU ALL think you're badass for playing "the gentleman's mmo", but in actuality you're playing a completely watered down version of a game that's not even hard anyway.

So get the mayonnaise out of your hair and log off.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Classic didn't have rotations. It didn't have boosted MR and specific (nerfs) rules for the fungi King camp.
Actually, rotations were server dependent. I was CSR in era and remember multiple servers that had guild agreed rotations.

As for other rules, well I'm sorry the staff came up with workarounds to keep people like you from monopolizing everything now that you have all the knowledge you didn't have during the classic era. Imagine being this upset over things on a private emulated server of a 22 year old game; you should just be thankful you get to play this for free at all.
Old 10-26-2021, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, rotations were server dependent. I was CSR in era and remember multiple servers that had guild agreed rotations.

As for other rules, well I'm sorry the staff came up with workarounds to keep people like you from monopolizing everything now that you have all the knowledge you didn't have during the classic era. Imagine being this upset over things on a private emulated server of a 22 year old game; you should just be thankful you get to play this for free at all.
I don't even raid.

Not everyone that cares about world hunger is starving, have you ever considered that?

I've had this account since p1999 launched and have never been banned or suspended.

Pretty sure staff is very happy with players like me.
Closed Thread