Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-06-2020, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Been messing about in sky, making lots of corpses and I crash on every looting, dang it sucks. Also crashed when opening a banker window
Lemme think, I swapped EQ folder a lil while back to a zipped folder I got somewhere, dont remember, its been trimmed down in size and has the custom hd textures or whatever preinstalled, very sleek looking, i also added rustle 2.0 and turned log to TRUE. Is my folder a total bum one?
Last edited by Muggens; 07-06-2020 at 08:13 PM..
Old 07-06-2020, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

I've only experienced occasional freezing while zoning (causing me to have to CAD) and/or occasional long zone times (loading bar doesn't even appear for 1 minute+ after hitting the zoneline). Never experienced this on blue, and only on green in the last 2-3 months.

I haven't had any crashing during usual non-zoning-related gameplay.

I don't use WinEQ2 due to it giving me frequent "reset device fail" errors.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Im still crashing. Not playing much lately but crashing on pressing enter to /ooc in Sky(after miraculasly not crashing on corpse looting), then crashing in WC just pressing "I" to open inventory tonight... Ughz
Old 07-21-2020, 06:29 PM
Orc

My game froze 3 times today (im playing windowed mode) but I could still hear the music and move in game despite the freeze. Never happened to me on previous patch... Playing on green btw
Old 08-01-2020, 01:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I've noticed since I started playing over the past couple of weeks that there are certain places where just walking, and especially turning my character, will cause the game to just freeze. Like others state you can hear the game, if you move you hear your feet, you can still do / commands (although blindly), and of course, you can get killed by a mob because you don't see anything other than the image your game froze at.

So far this has happened without fail just outside Felwithe and a few times inside. And now inside Bibblebop or somesuch name's place in Rivervale. I've logged into my character four times now and I'm still not out the door of that place. Trust I will never go in there again.

I am hoping (well, as far as an easier solution) that this is on my end and that someone more knowledgeable could tell me what setting I may have wrong, or something I can tweak to keep this from happening. It's (to me) game breaking.
Old 09-04-2020, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Im not crashing anymore, how bout you guys?
I didnt do anything, it just started to work fine again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Still using HD textures, Rustle 2.0, log on, etc
Old 09-04-2020, 06:56 PM
Banned

I went to elder scrolls online. lol
Old 09-05-2020, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

Still happening, if you think its fixed, try walking around in the temple areas in the canyon of OT. It freezes all the time there, every few steps sometimes.