Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Smile A Salute to Rogean and Nilbog ... For Changing

If you've been here awhile (or read the Raid History page), you know that raiding on P99 has changed over the years. In the beginning the raid rules were ... well, let's just say that the first raid rules made guilds sit in the planes for days on end, trying to stay awake. Soon after that, one single guild (TMO) monopolized nearly all raid content ... for over half a decade!

But today, we have snake rotations, guild UNs, and action against an uber guild (something that previously only happened when an uber guild got caught doing something extremely against the rules, eg. duping plat). Honestly, just a few years ago I don't think anyone here could have seen our current raid scene coming ... and if Rogean and Nilbog were the same people they were twenty years ago, it never would have.

So while of course the rest of the staff has been a huge part of all this improvement, and I don't in any way want to diminish their contributions ... I'd like to give three cheers specifically to R&N. Not just for giving us an amazing place to play for more than two decades ... but also for evolving their ideas of what P99 (and its raid scene) could be.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-07-2021 at 04:01 PM..
Old 02-07-2021, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Old 02-07-2021, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

How much input do Rogean/Nilbog have over the day to day running of the raid scene? Always felt like they were very hands off and let the GM enact their vision for the most part.
Old 02-07-2021, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much input do Rogean/Nilbog have over the day to day running of the raid scene? Always felt like they were very hands off and let the GM enact their vision for the most part.
Remember when Braknar tried to implement rotations on Blue ... and R&N stepped in and said (essentially) "hell no"? I don't think they are super involved in the day-to-day (which would explain how Braknar got as far as he did), but they've shown more than once that ultimately they are the final determiners of P99's direction.

So again, I want to thank them for listening to us players, and to the rest of the staff. They've clearly changed their position on some things in the decade-plus that they've been running this place ... and I think just about everyone would agree that it's been for the better [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P.S. Jibartik that video says it perfectly ... also, how do you insert Youtube videos with BBCode?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-07-2021 at 04:20 PM..
Old 02-07-2021, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

Scroll down. Click on BBcode hyperlink
Old 02-07-2021, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. how do you insert Youtube videos with BBCode?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgs9QUtWc3M

Lgs9QUtWc3M

[ embed] tags

Old 02-07-2021, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

This post is on-topic and I hates it.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:05 PM
Banned

omg good find that raid history page was a good read =)
Old 02-08-2021, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome to off topic purgatory
Old 02-08-2021, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassawary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fucking music. I don't do drugs alone to this beat.
Closed Thread