Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your best argument is that you're racist?
Can't be racist against Italians.

It is known.
Old 10-24-2021, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

I swear to god im going to vote so hard for majory tailer green because of you guys I hope I am wrong about horza being tepplar trying to do that in the first place. but at least I know you dont want it whale but you live in Gotham.

I cant even handle the idea that ageism is our best argument why we're changing the left calling wanting to bring manufacturing back to the US boomer and the left more conservative than bush during the bush erra Im like real angry that im hearing this crap now I know how twerking_Faggot feels.
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-24-2021 at 09:10 PM..
Old 10-24-2021, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I swear to god im going to vote so hard for majory tailer green because of you guys I hope I am wrong about horza being tepplar trying to do that in the first place. but at least I know you dont want it whale but you live in Gotham.

I cant even handle the idea that ageism is our best argument why we're changing the left calling wanting to bring manufacturing back to the US boomer and the left more conservative than bush during the bush erra Im like real angry that im hearing this crap now I know how twerking_Faggot feels.
Come on now, nothing I say would dissuade you from voting for a fellow frothing at the mouth, Jews in Space lunatic like MTG.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:03 AM
Banned

There is a thing we call path dependency. For example, If I wanted to be 350 lbs body builder that was pure muscle...Its a bit late for that. I can still get pretty buff -- but I'm not winning any shows.

Nor can I really try to be a competitive basketball player or something.

However If I wanted to be a PHD historian -- it would be totally attainable. I'm not specifically trained in history -- but it is close enough so I could get into a program. I could even maybe get into a top school after getting a terminal masters degree. I would just have to commit my life to it and knock it out of the park.

Sweden in Germany had people with working class identities that created strong unions. These unions help keep workers wages high across the economy. This meant the state had to figure out how to prosper without outsourcing everything (although they do still outsource) and driving wages into the dirt.

They came up with a lot of high tech skilled labor that only a advanced capitalist economy could pull off. The most difficult part of the Iphone is made in Germany for example. The cheaper stuff in it comes from China.

Financial self interest is a powerful force. If you make entrepreneurs and policymakers function in constraints like "you can't find people that will do this for $7.5 an hour -- that's illegal" they will generally find a way. Or at least enough of them will to work out well for the workers in that country.

The owners of production would much prefer to pay less for the same work. The casual link here is the boundaries of corporate behavior prevent this from always being the answer for them. You need a working class constituency that will stand against those that own everything.

Those constraints create a situation where the country does not revolve around cheap labor. So it doesn't shit out cheap labor jobs. But it didn't happen overnight. It was a very long process of investing and coordinating their economy.

I bring up Trump because he's a great example of politicians just telling older people what they want to hear. He literally said "the jobs are coming back" when talking about high paid car manufacturing.

It's like a guy in the 19th century telling people "the guilds are coming back." The hell they are -- especially not in 4-8 years. And sure enough -- they didn't.

The cognitive dissonance here among voters -- is that their idea of how an economy should work in America (laissez-faire) does not help them like they thought it did. They were all brainwashed into thinking about lazy unions, and welfare bums.

But even good propaganda gets checked by reality. It's like when the frontier filled out and people were still trying this Jackson Democrat shit as if it would help out the poor and middling farmers. It didn't -- it just produced a gilded age.

People don't change their minds on any almost anything once they reach age 65 or so. It's something about the biology of getting old. You see it all over the world. This is largely why people keep electing people like Clinton and Pelosi.

The new generation can't lie to themselves that this system is working great (mostly -- there is always a few). But the old generation believes exactly that. That the system probably fine -- its just these damn young people that obviously didn't do what you did. Probably because of that damn MTV they are always watching. All we got to do is ask the corporations nicely to bring our jobs back and it will be like the good ol' days again.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 10-25-2021 at 12:08 AM..
Old 10-25-2021, 09:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Twitter and Square CEO Jack Dorsey says 'hyperinflation' will happen soon in the U.S. and the world

Wow, he never really weighed in on stuff like this publically before...I wonder what would have motivated him.

Democrats move to finalize new ‘billionaire’ tax proposal, targeting 700 wealthiest Americans as key source of revenue for spending plan

Political Science already shows that in the long run in modern States, the people paying off poor people eventually take over the people paying the ultra rich. At some point, they're just too damn expensive. You really don't need to give people all that much to get their vote, considering they are used to nothing.
That was my previous take. Now I'm considering that Dorsey might just be calling it like he sees it. He probably doesn't understand what hyperinflation is. And even if he does there is some degree of subjectivity there.

If we tax the billionaire class -- which I think they merely rich are getting ready to do -- there will be some inflation. At least assuming we use the capital raised by this new tax source to fund more wealth transfers to people in the poor or middle class.

It's like in MMORPGs -- once everyone has more money the prices on things go up. That's just how it goes. America was like a game where they had high platinum sinks that prevented much wealth from accumulating on most everyone. Once those are removed you can expect prices to go up in the tunnel.

But that doesn't mean everyone loses out. If your income was static, then yea you lost money. But inflation often means there is more opportunity to increase your income. Employers are largely expected to keep wages up with inflation. We are actually going to tie our welfare payouts to inflation as well.

If inflation is managed correctly -- it should hit the rich more than others. Their income (or more likely, rents) should rise lower than the inflation rate. Meanwhile everyone else should be getting COLA (cost of living adjustments).
Old 10-25-2021, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

you got something against magic the gathering now horza? that a trumpers game?
Old 10-25-2021, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

uh oh what happened to juris?
Old 10-25-2021, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
ya wtf...he seemed pretty sane
Old 10-25-2021, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I would guess swearing at the mods. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-25-2021, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

I cant believe I missed that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bans are like impossible to see in the wild!

It's like watching a hawk get a rabbit.
Closed Thread