Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Default New Wiki Tool For Creating Item Link Macros

If you've ever sold the same items in the tunnel over several days, you've probably wished that you could save your sales messages (with item links) in a macro ... but unfortunately the Titanium client won't let you add links to macros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thankfully, a clever fellow named Meviin created a wiki guide that described how you can create macros with links! There's just two downsides:
  1. less item links fit on a line
  2. macro links have to be created "by hand"
That last one's rather annoying, because it means that you have to open up the Your_Name_project1999.ini file using a special text editor (eg. Notepad+), look online for each item's ID (individually), and then convert those IDs into special "link code".

This got me thinking: wouldn't it be nice if there was a way to get the "link code", pre-made with the correct ID, for all of your items? So I created the wiki's newest utility, the Item ID Generator.

The page describes how to use it, but essentially you just copy/paste the contents of your character's inventory file (which you generate with the command "/outputfile inventory"), choose which items you want links for, and then the page generates link code for those items, ready to be copy/pasted back into the Your_Name_project1999.ini file.

Hopefully the "tunnel rats" of the server will find this to be a useful tool for saving their "items for sale list" in-between sessions.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:13 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

This is awesome! Wow, thank you for being such a cornerstone of the community!
Old 03-29-2021, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is awesome! Wow, thank you for being such a cornerstone of the community!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Glad to hear someone liked it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

I like you Loramin. I voted thread 5 stars.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like you Loramin. I voted thread 5 stars.
<3

Closed Thread