Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2021, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no thanks

not into super woke wierd amish culture thx
What exactly is "woke" about the game? Legit have no idea what you're talking about.

Also, I'm not quitting p99 for New World. It is possible to enjoy more than one game at a given time.
Old 09-23-2021, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Huh, did not know it until like 3 mins ago, but John Smedley runs Amazon games studio.
Old 09-23-2021, 01:08 PM
Banned

I heard its like, an exploration game, but if you can just google what needs to be done, whats the point..

The information age has ruined all the mystery of gaming.
Old 09-23-2021, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What exactly is "woke" about the game? Legit have no idea what you're talking about.

Also, I'm not quitting p99 for New World. It is possible to enjoy more than one game at a given time.
ignore starkind, she's a weirdo/dumbass
Old 09-23-2021, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

I hear this game is real racist.
Old 09-23-2021, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard its like, an exploration game
not really. its an mmo with dark souls style combat and a good crafting system
Old 09-23-2021, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Huh, did not know it until like 3 mins ago, but John Smedley runs Amazon games studio.
He doesn't run it. Someone asked him this a while back and he said he didn't have involvement with New World.

I assume he has a sort of producer type involvement in it though. Probably keeping the "no horses" thing locked down while the lazy dope dripping jem'hadar style mmorpg players require it to move faster and complete the game quicker else you know.. they might enjoy themselves inside a video game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2021, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
not really. its an mmo with dark souls style combat and a good crafting system
It is very explorative. If you climb the tallest peak you will find something at the top usually, there is also ruins riddled everywhere and if you climb them or find where they lead there is lore and loot usually. The northern part of the map has a lot of exploration to it but is forced PVP, and I assume this will only double/quadruple in size on release or after release. Id say DS is very explorative too though, the lore is very hidden like it is with dark souls.

You can just pull up a wiki and ruin the experience but like Dark Souls if you just read the text of the items in the game you can figure out where to go next and when you do there is usually rewards of some kind.
Old 09-23-2021, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Identity politics.

Now anything remotely considered "woke" is off limits to some politics bros.

And that name "New World" just tilts them.
Old 09-23-2021, 03:10 PM
Banned

Woke can be hard to discern, but it's usually pretty obvious.

Remaking james bond as a crippled trans lesbian = pandering, patronizing and clearly woke

Starting a new franchise that happens to feature a crippled trans lesbian lead = perfectly respectable endeavor that could be great

I think people get them mixed up. Generally if it's an original franchise, and the "woke" stuff serves a sensible purpose narrative wise or lore wise, it doesn't bother me at all. People are definitely too sensitive about it now, kind of an over-correction.
Closed Thread