Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2021, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, your best haste spell + your best haste item is the way to go for your Shammy. Eyepatch is still a pretty good stat piece, so it's not a terrible choice if you don't have access to raid loot. But yeah, you won't be getting any use out of the haste clickie. It's better to put it on a melee class that doesn't get a good haste clickie, like Paladin/Shadowknight/non-gnome Warrior.
yeah I don't raid on my shaman nor do I raid on blue anymore haha. I sold my tobrin's

and got a eyepatch of a plunder. The HP is really nice though! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2021, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah I don't raid on my shaman nor do I raid on blue anymore haha. I sold my tobrin's

and got a eyepatch of a plunder. The HP is really nice though! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh yeah, good face pieces are hard to come by, and Eyepatch of Plunder has one of the better stat sets for face pieces. It is a solid choice. I use https://wiki.project1999.com/Ancient_Pirate's_Eyepatch myself for the AC/Resists, but it honestly isn't that much different than Eyepatch of Plunder.
Old 09-28-2021, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine not knowing how haste works on a 22 year old elf sim.

mad/bad/sad/lol

hope that helps.
Old 09-28-2021, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine not knowing how haste works on a 22 year old elf sim.

mad/bad/sad/lol

hope that helps.
imagine shit talking on a section of a forum meant to ask questions or discuss about

everquest. for all i know you probably don't even play p99

hope this helps
Old 09-29-2021, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

You guys are really over-explaining this. While technically the shitty Bard over haste works on P99, it doesn't really apply to 99.9% of situations.

You have worn haste and spell/song haste. Worn haste doesnt stack, and spell haste doesnt stack, you get one of each and thats it.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 09-29-2021, 02:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are really over-explaining this. While technically the shitty Bard over haste works on P99, it doesn't really apply to 99.9% of situations.

You have worn haste and spell/song haste. Worn haste doesnt stack, and spell haste doesnt stack, you get one of each and thats it.
The Many-Times-Banned One is right, guys. Just think "Worn haste and spell haste." And bard haste is spell haste. By the time you are grouping with a level 50 or 60 bard that's equipping a horn and singing Ervaj, you can almost hit the haste cap anyway with whatever basic haste item you have and your shaman or enchanter's haste.

I think the only time you'd want to use Ervaj is if a bard is your only haster, and they're twisting both their best haste song and Ervaj.
Old 09-29-2021, 02:49 AM
Planar Protector

ALSO: we should all stop calling Ervaj-line haste "overhaste." Overhaste is a Luclin mechanic that allowed you to go past 100% haste cap. Overhaste never exists on P99.
Old 09-29-2021, 03:10 AM
Banned

dang what does 100% haste look like lol
Old 09-29-2021, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Anyone with a decent haste item (34% or better) and Shissar hits the haste cap. Anyone with a 40/41% haste item and VoG gets close enough to cap to justify it over Shiss (attack power = good).

While I might have given too much information for most, EQ falls into the “devil is in the details” kind of game and its always been misinformation heavy. One spell and one item is a bit confusing because some are worn or triggered effects. It also also glosses over the extra effects of a spell. For example the monk epic is 40% spell haste (clicked and duration of a bard song) but using the most simple explanation one could argue it holds no benefit if you can bum a celerity. It does so much more.

TL;DR - the haste cap is 100% at 60 and effectively cuts swing delay in half. With a 34% item and Shissar you can cap haste or any combination of worn (ie no buff shown) item and a spell/song picking up the balance. If you have a 40-41% worn haste item that is ideal.
Old 09-29-2021, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dang what does 100% haste look like lol
Double speed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread