Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Sarnak

So everyone should have to setup hotkeys for /who all <zone> to be competitive?
Old 10-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So everyone should have to setup hotkeys for /who all <zone> to be competitive?
That would be a bit ridiculous, but only because there are so many zones people can hide in. Until the server has a larger population there should be fewer zones. True fact.

Edit: Also, it's funny how still no one has posted evidence that <Holocaust> was hacking, whereas I have evidence of Boyz in tha Hood hacking (though pretty much everyone else does too). Even if they have used hacks, it doesn't necessarily mean they used them on this server, and if they did, it doesn't mean that they got any significant advantage out of using them. Lots of the situations where they've been accused of hacking, they actually were just, get this, playing well. It's almost like I posted all of this on the first page.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Last edited by Lazortag; 10-15-2010 at 09:43 PM..
Old 10-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Their (holocaust's) idea of pvp is killing players who have little or no chance to defend themselves, and whenever they're faced with an opponent who puts them into defensive, they insta-gate.

The whole point of anon and role is to hide one's class, level, and location....and "/who all zone" clearly bends the rules in that it lets you know who is in that particular zone. I personally voted for /anon and /role to be disabled entirely so everyone would have an equal perspective when the server started.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Last edited by Scrooge; 10-15-2010 at 09:45 PM..
Old 10-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Their (holocaust's) idea of pvp is killing players who have little or no chance to defend themselves, whenever they're faced with an opponent who puts them into defensive, they insta-gate.

The whole point of anon and role is to hide one's class, level, and location....and "/who all zone" clearly goes bends the rules in that it lets you know who is in that particular zone. I personally voted for /anon and /role to be disabled entirely so everyone would have an equal perspective when the server started.
I also like the latter idea, so that people know what they're up against when a big mean holo member zones into the same zone as them.

Holocaust's idea of pvp is simple: they want to kill everyone on the server. Yes, that includes some unfair encounters where they get people who are defenseless and have virtually no chance of winning. I find it kind of lame too, but I don't think it hurts the server nearly as much as (a) the constant unwarranted whining (b) the balance issues (c) use of hacks (which is not exclusive to <holocaust>) and (d) ridiculously high ratio of zones to players.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 10-15-2010, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

Thing is though, when one of their players (who we tracked down to a zoneline) suddenly disappears from tracking yet stays in the zone and suddenly on the other side of it.....you'd think "EVAC!" right? Well said player was a Shaman, so how do you explain something like that? It was in a random kunark zone and when he insta-gated when he finally ran into us, he was back in Antonica.

Are there some evac pots that I'm not even aware of? And how do you track a live player using locate corpse...lol
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 10-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thing is though, when one of their players (who we tracked down to a zoneline) suddenly disappears from tracking yet stays in the zone and suddenly on the other side of it.....you'd think "EVAC!" right? Well said player was a Shaman, so how do you explain something like that? It was in a random kunark zone and when he insta-gated when he finally ran into us, he was back in Antonica.

Are there some evac pots that I'm not even aware of? And how do you track a live player using locate corpse...lol
Locate corpse tracks the nearest corpse. Most people are stupid and don't dry loot the corpses they're fighting. I used this to track down Andain on my Bard (before I actually got track) and subsequently kill him by boring him to death (seriously).

The server is a bit funky at times. At one point when I was killing Andain, he zoned to Paineel and I chased after him. When I got there I was able to click on him, and when I did /who he was in the zone, but in fact he was in Toxxulia and it was just some weird mirage from crappy programming. In fact /who and /who all Tox showed him being in both zones at once.

If someone disappeared from tracking.. maybe they ran in a different direction from you? I'm not saying it's impossible that the player in question hacked. What I've been saying though, is that to suggest that holocaust hacking exclusively ruins the server is ridiculous. Maybe hacking combined with the fact that they are actually good at playing, unlike Idiots in the Hood who hack but are terrible players.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
Old 10-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Banned

Recent updates are on the second post on this thread. That spot shall be reserved for future updates as well. Bumping.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Are you seriously trying to imply tracking works accurately for players? What kind of idiot newbie are you. This shit didn't even work on live, let alone emu.

Also, that totally sounds like an awesome pk strategy of some master hacker with mq2/seq/suckmydick running, clearly he used his hacks to find where you were in the zone, run into you while unprepared and instagate despite knowing exactly where you were the whole time, as he is, of course, a master hacker.

Please do try to make more sense.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Locate corpse tracks the nearest corpse. Most people are stupid and don't dry loot the corpses they're fighting. I used this to track down Andain on my Bard (before I actually got track) and subsequently kill him by boring him to death (seriously).

The server is a bit funky at times. At one point when I was killing Andain, he zoned to Paineel and I chased after him. When I got there I was able to click on him, and when I did /who he was in the zone, but in fact he was in Toxxulia and it was just some weird mirage from crappy programming. In fact /who and /who all Tox showed him being in both zones at once.
Chipped bone rods have always been available on merchants in south qeynos, making it trivial for any class to find people xping in a zone that don't clear all corpses.

When people both zone over at the same time it'll often leave a "ghost" image of the person who loaded before you at the zone line. This can result in 2 different bugs. The first, which you witnessed was when the person zones back. You'll be stuck seeing the person on /who within your zone, but /who all name will show them zoning, or eventually in a different zone.

The second bug that results off of this is you merely see the ghost of the person at the zone line, but they've actually ran off somewhere else in the zone. The modus operandi in this situation since you've already gotten the target is to run around looking for them while casting your longest range spell (for mages, the bolt line has 250 range, greater than the normal 200 range for most nukes, longer yet when you get extended range focus available on this server, with other classes the spell of choice varies.) until it starts to cast. At that point you know they're within 250 locs of you and its easy to finish finding them.

Helpful hints of the day bros.

edit: The ghost target is particularly useful in outdoor zones as despite the best rock you're hiding in, tree you're leved on, etc, the spell will always start to cast when you're in range thus ruining your hiding spot. It's considerably less useful in dungeons due to the confined spaces involved, but there are innumerable tricks that can be used in different situations to help find targets. What I've typed out here is only the most basic of basic things used.
Last edited by lethdar; 10-16-2010 at 02:12 AM..
Old 10-16-2010, 03:57 AM
Sarnak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Grimtoad.../1/3qk1ZYKakQQ
Closed Thread