Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

I can't help but look at Uthgaard's sword...
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 12-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember when we were 3manning Fear, and magic's druid halfling popped on our head out of nowhere and started shouting expletives at us with a capital N because we accused him of warping. Sneaky little critters, those halfling be.
Visual aid inc!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
Old 12-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Banned

Oh how cute, I remember this. You're so fucking stupid thinking I warped on top of you. Someone runs up behind you guys and you think they warped on top of you because you don't know how to pan the camera.

It's things like this which makes me not play here anymore. We break into fear and a group of faggots rush in to steal mobs from the people that did the actual work.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh how cute, I remember this. You're so fucking stupid thinking I warped on top of you. Someone runs up behind you guys and you think they warped on top of you because you don't know how to pan the camera.

It's things like this which makes me not play here anymore. We break into fear and a group of faggots rush in to steal mobs from the people that did the actual work.
Uhuh...you "broke into Fear" after we cleared all the mobs around the gate? With your 2FGs that took a whole hour to organize outside? At first we waited for you to go in, but you took so long we decided to just do it ourselves. Then your guild tries to pull mobs through our camp to the east without so much as a thanks for saving them another two hours to break in lol..

Does Fish Bait always twist the facts like you do?

See how "halfling" is still sitting down in that screenie? "He" was sitting down as he ported right on top of me. I just wish I had Fraps running instead. As for me not panning the camera, you don't see that I'm in third-person in the screenshot?
Old 12-10-2010, 09:40 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't help but look at Uthgaard's sword...
I get that a lot.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Kobold

Sony confirmed the new server will be time locked. Sounds promising, except that you will have to play in the eyesore that is the revamped Freeport, "Commonlands"(EC/WC), Nro/Sro/Oasis, and whatever else they have screwed since I last played.

Then we'll have to see if they handled defiant gear so people aren't running around in PoTime level gear at 50 for killing Fippy.

And of course Combine/Sleeper was before Sony shifted 99% of their dev productivity towards designing the new daily ornamentation, pet, or cool fuzzy thing they could sell you for $5. So I would be surprised if we didn't see people running around with exp potions active, SoD weapon graphics, and "Soandso of the Faggotry" titles.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sony confirmed the new server will be time locked. Sounds promising, except that you will have to play in the eyesore that is the revamped Freeport, "Commonlands"(EC/WC), Nro/Sro/Oasis, and whatever else they have screwed since I last played.

Then we'll have to see if they handled defiant gear so people aren't running around in PoTime level gear at 50 for killing Fippy.

And of course Combine/Sleeper was before Sony shifted 99% of their dev productivity towards designing the new daily ornamentation, pet, or cool fuzzy thing they could sell you for $5. So I would be surprised if we didn't see people running around with exp potions active, SoD weapon graphics, and "Soandso of the Faggotry" titles.
imo, progression was a failure. played on combine myself from day one up to PoP. it has been programmed by one soe dev. ONE!

soe should have hired rogean when they started that project
Last edited by mitic; 12-10-2010 at 04:34 PM..
Old 12-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Haha, good points and funny. Would read again.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:

Shut up, you know you'll be the first one on that server.
Reiker is a 30 watt fluorescent bulb. Reiker is a former freelance writer. Reiker is not skilled in the craft of writing. Reiker is also Teacher of the Year at Apopka High School. Reiker is affiliated with 2 hospitals. Reiker is a remote controlled space heater in the winter. Reiker is rated "EXCELLENT" in the following areas:
Old 12-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suppose we will have to wait for the EQ prog server details to unravel. If they have a PVP server too, that would be absolutely sick and worth checking into.
A PvP progression server is about the only thing that would make me want to resub at this point. It would undoubtedly be a huge clusterfuck of training and hacking, nevertheless I would have to get a glimpse of the madness. It would arguably be the first EQ PvP server with any real point to the PvP due to the polarization between the people that love to progress and those that love to dwell in the old school.

There's about a 0.000000000001% chance of this happening, but we can dream eh?
Closed Thread