Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 08:53 AM
Banned

Sorry about the beta server
Old 10-27-2019, 09:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of green and was looking forward to it. But right now Green has ruined the blue server which until yesterday I loved. Blues population has been cut in half if not more than half. I spent all night last night trying to get an unrest group to no avail. 7 hours of LFG. There was not enough people to group with and the ones there are training everyone else. I died 3 times with no rez and lost my level on my ranger. He was 23 and now back to 22.

EC tunnel on blue is deserted for the most part. I just sat at WC rings for 15 minutes by myself. No druids porting, no players massing to go hunt somewhere. It was strange to say the least.

As for green I knew I had to stay away on day one. That's why I was trying to get a group in unrest on blue. 2600+ people all fighting over bats and skeletons. I thought it would be better tonight cause peeps would have leveled beyond newbie zone yard trash. 300 people in Gfay and pulled two mobs in a 30 mminute span and both mobs were stolen/KSd by another player.

I can't get XP on one server cause it's over-populated and I can't get XP on the other server cause it's under-populated. So I have decided to dust off the old PS4 and give P99 a break. Not for good, just until I see either Blues population hit 800+ again during peak times or Greens get down to maybe 1500.

Not much of rant cause its nobody's fault. Shit happens and the population is what it is for the moment. I'll keep an eye on the server population to see how it's progressing and I hope to see it level out on one server or the other within a month.
Nobody cares about blue anymore.. stop crying
Old 10-27-2019, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Join a guild on green, group up, send tells, move to a less populated area, pick up a tradeskill, run some quests for good classic items. idk there’s so much shit to do on green figure it out man. this is the most population I’ve ever seen on this MMORPG that’s meant to have interaction with other players and I’m loving it!
Old 10-27-2019, 09:48 AM
Sarnak

Its easy finding groups and killing mobs. People make it sound like your fight over mobs cause its so populated but thats not true
Old 10-27-2019, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

Green is fine, a huge success imo.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:16 AM
Fire Giant

How I see it, there are a few things going on here:
1) Server population changes are impacting (changes in) game play. Blue is far more quieter than normal and finding a group is more difficult than it used to be. Green is excessively busy, which is to be expected, but insinuating that camping a single spawn is the way the game was meant to be played is a bit of a stretch
2) The competition on Green may be bringing out some toxic behaviour (the demeanour of some of the comments here, and what I've read elsewhere, gives direction to that)
3) What will happen with server populations long term? Well, we'll find out soon enough. Personally, I think Green will level out (lower than what it is now) and Blue will likely return to a level near to what it was, but not as much
4) If Blue was just a test server, why not get rid of it? Is Green just a test server for the next progression server/GreenV2?

Personally, I'm used to playing offpeak due to my geographical location; it has always been difficult for me and likely will continue to be difficult. I play different characters that suit a) the playtime, b) population (if I need to find a group), and c) what interests me at the time. Leveling my warrior is a lot more difficult than the necro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There are people who decided to stay on Blue. Perhaps due to the quality of life improvements or the time invested. Others want to try Green, or never played EQ back when it launched, and perhaps were ex-Blue players who came back. I think it will be interesting to take a look back at this thread in a couple of months time. All the same, the game is still fun (and sometimes a break is needed, heck, I've been doing it on and off since the early days of P99).

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 10-27-2019, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

And sincerely, sorry that you had some bad experiences.

I've been thinking of firing up Outer Worlds on my PS4; picked it up and barely touched it (but what I did play seemed good).

P99 - Blue
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Old 10-27-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Blue has like 340 people on right now at 10:25am EST.

For some perspective, when I started playing on Blue the population was under 300 during primetime.

I think we'll all be fine.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue has like 340 people on right now at 10:25am EST.

For some perspective, when I started playing on Blue the population was under 300 during primetime.
I was thinking that there were times I recalled it being quite low as well (lower than this population that is).

I'm still thinking that in a couple of months people will jump back to Blue. We'll see [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P99 - Blue
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Old 10-27-2019, 10:51 AM
Sarnak

I think it's more a question of which zone has people on blue then any other thing.You can just going anywhere and finding group you have to be more selective. I suggest to do a /who all in different zone before traveling to see if that gonna work .
Closed Thread