Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

Default Staff - What do you NEED?

Ok someone just posted in discord that someone finally got around to explaining WHY red keeps getting the shaft every time changes are made to blue (like NToV mobs being rooted). For an entire year we've been left twisting in the wind wondering if we were being experimented on by people that were deliberately and sadistically cruel. Now, we finally come to understand this may not be the case. Red may not being a large community but we do have some resources, which leaves me asking the question...

What do you NEED? I can't believe that your trapped under a global blanket of simply putting a "donation" button up. Can't you say how many man hours of work it is? What skill set is needed? What hardware / software would be useful?

I realise the emulator server scene is a lawless, nasty place that breeds paranoia, but keeping quiet also makes it harder for those that might genuinely care to be more proactive.
Old 09-09-2020, 07:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldan4 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok someone just posted in discord that someone finally got around to explaining WHY red keeps getting the shaft every time changes are made to blue (like NToV mobs being rooted). For an entire year we've been left twisting in the wind wondering if we were being experimented on by people that were deliberately and sadistically cruel. Now, we finally come to understand this may not be the case. Red may not being a large community but we do have some resources, which leaves me asking the question...

What do you NEED? I can't believe that your trapped under a global blanket of simply putting a "donation" button up. Can't you say how many man hours of work it is? What skill set is needed? What hardware / software would be useful?

I realise the emulator server scene is a lawless, nasty place that breeds paranoia, but keeping quiet also makes it harder for those that might genuinely care to be more proactive.
Server is fine, I havnt had any issues ingame since I started playing a few weeks ago? I can answer your other questions though.

Man hours? Im averaging a level every 2-3 hours, but Im still in my 20s
Skill set? Make sure to have a light source and have fun
Software? Just titanium

Jump in and give the server a try. Had 40 players on last night which is insane for a 20 year old game.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:19 PM
Server GM

A second Rogean
Old 09-09-2020, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server is fine, I havnt had any issues ingame since I started playing a few weeks ago? I can answer your other questions though.

Man hours? Im averaging a level every 2-3 hours, but Im still in my 20s
Skill set? Make sure to have a light source and have fun
Software? Just titanium

Jump in and give the server a try. Had 40 players on last night which is insane for a 20 year old game.
How many pumices you got in them bags?

Zippo cause no pvp.

Server is fine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2020, 10:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many pumices you got in them bags?

Zippo cause no pvp.

Server is fine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stay at 20-30 ms, have never been disconnected and server is always up. The server is fine.

And I dont own any pumices because I have cancdl magic
Old 09-10-2020, 03:45 AM
Banned

I'll donate 1,000$ for a new red server.

Lots of other's would probably donate too resulting in the biggest windfall p99 would probably ever get..and them y'all can go buy a new server for the game.
Last edited by White_knight; 09-10-2020 at 03:48 AM..
Old 09-10-2020, 05:29 AM
Fire Giant

A new pvp server would be so fun lol I can see it now... Id love to jump another gnome by the mino caves while they aren't expecting it haha

In all honesty though, the staff should really consider resetting red. It's needed. Greens fun, sure... But its fun can't compare to a new pvp servers fun, no way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Last edited by Christina.; 09-10-2020 at 05:36 AM..
Old 09-10-2020, 06:13 AM
Kobold

Wipe blue first
Old 09-10-2020, 08:10 AM
Sarnak

^
Old 09-10-2020, 08:16 AM
Sarnak

This is RMT, Ban OP please

Willfight 60 Warrior
Stjoan 60 Cleric
Drunkyn 60 Monk