Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2020, 03:55 AM
Kobold

The only way a new red server will happen is if they have a good enough reason to.

I think compiling ways to make the server interesting, helping them imagine it and why they would want to build something like this. We can't have a server created that follows the same path that leads to now; or the negative cycle continues. I'll put in my 2 cents if it matters, in terms of maybe a shot in the dark of what the devs are looking for. How can we generate things that would attract: players. Ones that are completely new to eq; new to eq pvp; blue/green players...

Suggestions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make the xp real fast...
I think this and a lot faster course to Velious, or even starting the server on Kunark is what might draw players. A slightly faster, or a moderately faster experience, that sort of ramps up the staleness. PvP will slow things down for some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic only, FFA, each year dump into Red1 and reset
This is the best answer to it all, keep cycling it, each new server merges with current red, with maybe different rules each time. Sort of like how Path of Exile is doing it with their different leagues. For those unfamiliar with PoE let me explain their leagues quickly. copy and paste from here:

Quote:
- Standard is the default league and has no modifiers.
- Hardcore has the hardcore modifier, meaning characters who die are moved to Standard. Hardcore is equivalent to permadeath in other RPGs, though characters and items are not automatically deleted.

Temporary leagues have a set duration, which can vary from 12 minutes to four months. They are usually defined by specific modifiers or features that the permanent leagues don't have. When a league ends, the characters are not lost but transferred to one of the permanent leagues.
Now I'm not asking for Permadeath, like the talked about Discord server, I'm talking about the way they merge new content in to the original league servers they have.

Here's a visual for yuo.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Obviously we need to expand the timeline for a big game world like EQ, but something similar could help revitalize the game. I would maybe say a timeline of at least 2 years, for a merger then a launch of a new server? Maybe someone else can chime in with a better figure on time.

It's all repayable content.
Also this system not only keeps people spiking in server population which is good for p99, but it also revitalizes and incentivizes people continue to play on base servers that they will be eventually merged into. It gives people a fresh environment to sort of quarantine their experience away from the nekbards. Keeps cycling in legacy items to the base server every time a new server is merged.

The ideas for different leagues/server rules could just follow the different Zek's:
http://web.archive.org/web/200206051..._rule_sets.jsp

We can certainly build a bigger case for newRed(Orange) considering something like this, that will enable the longevity of base and new servers.
Last edited by Shac; 09-23-2020 at 04:16 AM..
Old 09-23-2020, 07:57 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

You cannot do fast experience. RoZ 2.0 was a clear indicator of why fast xp is terrible for pvp servers.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only way a new red server will happen is if they have a good enough reason to.

I think compiling ways to make the server interesting, helping them imagine it and why they would want to build something like this. We can't have a server created that follows the same path that leads to now; or the negative cycle continues. I'll put in my 2 cents if it matters, in terms of maybe a shot in the dark of what the devs are looking for. How can we generate things that would attract: players. Ones that are completely new to eq; new to eq pvp; blue/green players...

Suggestions:

I think this and a lot faster course to Velious, or even starting the server on Kunark is what might draw players. A slightly faster, or a moderately faster experience, that sort of ramps up the staleness. PvP will slow things down for some.

This is the best answer to it all, keep cycling it, each new server merges with current red, with maybe different rules each time. Sort of like how Path of Exile is doing it with their different leagues. For those unfamiliar with PoE let me explain their leagues quickly. copy and paste from here:

Now I'm not asking for Permadeath, like the talked about Discord server, I'm talking about the way they merge new content in to the original league servers they have.

Here's a visual for yuo.

Obviously we need to expand the timeline for a big game world like EQ, but something similar could help revitalize the game. I would maybe say a timeline of at least 2 years, for a merger then a launch of a new server? Maybe someone else can chime in with a better figure on time.

Also this system not only keeps people spiking in server population which is good for p99, but it also revitalizes and incentivizes people continue to play on base servers that they will be eventually merged into. It gives people a fresh environment to sort of quarantine their experience away from the nekbards. Keeps cycling in legacy items to the base server every time a new server is merged.

The ideas for different leagues/server rules could just follow the different Zek's:

We can certainly build a bigger case for newRed(Orange) considering something like this, that will enable the longevity of base and new servers.
+1
Old 09-23-2020, 09:55 AM
Kobold

mine as well just chalk it up to a new blue server with double xp, this shit is gonna be so long forgotten by the time he drops a pvp server, completely forgot about p99 to be honest.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

brain dead drug addicts asking for double xp
Old 09-23-2020, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Suggestions:

Here's a visual for yuo.

I didn’t read this but I’m sure it was great
Old 09-23-2020, 11:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy/sickpuppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn’t read this but I’m sure it was great
lol this is probably the devs response to this entire thread
Old 09-23-2020, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You cannot do fast experience. RoZ 2.0 was a clear indicator of why fast xp is terrible for pvp servers.
100% you need classic exp. The reason exp was modified on red is because the pop was literally 8 people...

RoZ problems is not just the xp it’s the server is catered for a select few that want to play counterelf.

You want the journey in order to be invested into the server. But yeah 3 or 4 years of velious content you will lose 80% of the pop again. Duhhhh
Old 09-23-2020, 11:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
brain dead drug addicts asking for double xp
bald fat disabled piece of shit, shut up, no one even knows who you are, i still got msgs of your faggot ass PMing my inbox
Last edited by Kerwin 5.0; 09-23-2020 at 11:22 AM..
Old 09-23-2020, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwin 5.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bald fat disabled piece of shit, shut up, no one even knows who you are, i still got msgs of your faggot ass PMing my inbox
Yikes tone it down a bit bro . It’s elf sim
Closed Thread