Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddbaal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I really like the gnome necromancer faction. Personally, I will try to be a “good” necromancer. I’m thinking I’d like to have nice faction so I can visit and sell in cities to cut down on travel time. At this point I’m keeping myself minimally “twinked” besides weapon, chest, offhand and will make him “earn” the rest of his items.

Any other gnome necros know of some quests I can do? Is the kaladim bone chip quest off the table to push towards 8? What about crushbone belts?
Yea, gnome blanket faction boost makes being a good necro a lot lot lot easier. I did that too. Though still gotta work at some things (like becoming non KOS to druids and surefall glades, so you can eventually teleport to karanas without worrying)

You are going to have trouble with the cleric / paladin faction in kaladim though. The warriors, which are the guards (crushbone belts and pads) are easy enough to raise up though.

Another quest that might be worth it is gnoll teeth (from blackburrow near qeynos). Not to give to qeynos, but actually Halas so you can fix your faction with them (which is really handy! And, if you are there and need money, go to permafrost entrance where the ice giants are... people leave fine steel and things to rot on the giants there ALL the time.... and you can sell for people too to make money and things).

And I also ended up killing a bunchhh of bandits in south karana to fix my karana residence faction (and they drop a lot of bronze weapons! which is good money).

I also did some bandit sashes quests (getting a druid to help harmony / invis me) to get my faction up with paladins / clerics in qeynos... but it hurts bloodsaber faction (which is the underground necro guild), so I delivered lots of tackle boxes to fix that again. Leaving just a roaming caster near the bank and an erudite that walks around in the bakery being the only things that are KOS.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, gnome blanket faction boost makes being a good necro a lot lot lot easier. I did that too. Though still gotta work at some things (like becoming non KOS to druids and surefall glades, so you can eventually teleport to karanas without worrying)

You are going to have trouble with the cleric / paladin faction in kaladim though. The warriors, which are the guards (crushbone belts and pads) are easy enough to raise up though.

Another quest that might be worth it is gnoll teeth (from blackburrow near qeynos). Not to give to qeynos, but actually Halas so you can fix your faction with them (which is really handy! And, if you are there and need money, go to permafrost entrance where the ice giants are... people leave fine steel and things to rot on the giants there ALL the time.... and you can sell for people too to make money and things).

And I also ended up killing a bunchhh of bandits in south karana to fix my karana residence faction (and they drop a lot of bronze weapons! which is good money).

I also did some bandit sashes quests (getting a druid to help harmony / invis me) to get my faction up with paladins / clerics in qeynos... but it hurts bloodsaber faction (which is the underground necro guild), so I delivered lots of tackle boxes to fix that again. Leaving just a roaming caster near the bank and an erudite that walks around in the bakery being the only things that are KOS.
Great info! Thanks a lot, I always wondered about which factions I could easily fix while naturally leveling. This will definitely open up some options.

Figured out to my surprise tonight I could walk all the way into Kaladim and use the bank without getting beat down. That felt real good!
Old 10-16-2020, 09:59 AM
Aviak

Will just use this thread to update my progress.

Hit level 6 last night, told you I was casual! At level 4 I got curious about orc hill so I made the journey, only to be mercilessly killed by fairies up to five times while roaming through the forest. Eventually I found sky original body and noped my way back to steamfont.

Met another necro while slaying pumas by the observatory and went 4-6 with about a small sliver from 7. Very excited for the lifetap proc at 8! Maybe I’ll get there by Monday. Does it work the same way with other procs? Read something about max of 2 procs per minute? Just wanna confirm the lifetap proc rate

Hope you other knights are having success
Old 10-16-2020, 11:09 AM
Banned

Shame on you for not giving Valentinianism credit for conceptualizing and showing you about necro tanking.

For shame.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe later if you get the clicky earring? But switching out spells to buff that all the time would be a pain for such a tiny tiny improvement.
Speaking of witch, I've just learned that 'regular' Necro, just like Enchanter, require lots of sitting down and switching spells during a battle. O boy, not something I'm looking forward to.

What is your experience with Bone Knight at higher levels? Can you get away without constantly switching spells in and out during the battle? That would make it a clear winner in my case [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2020, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What is your experience with Bone Knight at higher levels? Can you get away without constantly switching spells in and out during the battle? That would make it a clear winner in my case
I hate switching spells... it's why I rarely use banshee aura (unless a super hard fight).

So I usually just load up the set of spells I need for fighting, and mem a shield spell now and then to rebuff.

At 50 my spells are

Lifetap
Lich
DMF
Feign Death
Summon Pet
Vampiric Embrace
Pet buff
Lifetap Dot

Sometimes I'll switch out my pet after summoning it for vortex to taunt (if I'm with a melee or something)... or I'll switch DMF with a shadow pact (if I'm with people that need to be healed now and then). Or I'll switch something for a lull the dead if I'm splittin stuff.

But usually I just pick my set of spells that I'll be keeping up and run with it except to rebuff shielding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddbaal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
. Does it work the same way with other procs? Read something about max of 2 procs per minute? Just wanna confirm the lifetap proc rate
Yup, works like normal procs (and stacks with weapon procs)

The proc rate is (dex / 170) + 0.5 = Proc per minute

So if you got 170 dex, then it's 1 + 0.5 = 1.5 procs per minute

at 255 dex, it's 1.5 + 0.5 = 2 procs per minute

But that is just average. It's actually a chance to proc per swing (so you can proc lots in a row).

And haste dynamically lowers your percent chance to proc per swing ... and slows raise it. So no real use in those things (other than increasing your raw weapon damage).

Quote:
Shame on you for not giving Valentinianism credit for conceptualizing and showing you about necro tanking.
Whats you talkin bout? I been bone knightin since blue even! Lady Dimini the gnome (but only got to 50, so is new territory soon!)
Old 10-16-2020, 03:24 PM
Banned

Do you girls not swap out your spells during downtime or what. I rotate in Siphon Strength and Shadow Vortex as pull spells depending on what's coming off sooner. I rebuff Grim Aura as well which isn't even tedious as it lasts longer than Lich. I keep Banshee Aura and The Quickening memmed at all times so I can cast those and Vampiric Embrace before each round of kills without waiting for long button repop and each of these three spells has roughly the same duration.

My working gear set is fairly complete now for Kunark so you can recommence reading this thread. I am trying the Electrum Bracelet rather than the Vox Prime memberships that I laboriously farmed up, although I'll hold onto my pair. The +6 AGI equates to an additional point of AC at whatever my AGI currently is so the net loss of AC is -5 but I gain +6 DEX; I reckon any addition to the sum of those two stats is a clear winner.

The terror of Kaesora binders drops his mask with a weightless +12 AC for anyone thinking AC > all. I will be looking for one of these and the chest armor that Castle suggested so I can try my hand at parsing between balls-out DEX or AC.
Last edited by Donkey Hotay; 10-16-2020 at 03:33 PM..
Old 10-18-2020, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I hate switching spells... it's why I rarely use banshee aura (unless a super hard fight).

So I usually just load up the set of spells I need for fighting, and mem a shield spell now and then to rebuff.
Great news!
And thanks for sharing your spell list, this is helpful to beginners like me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2020, 05:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodyLich666 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am now level 11 with a bag full of light stones. And I plan to get a few more levels on wisps, orcs, and befallen in the commonlands.
After you got new set of spells at lvl 12 where did you go?
Old 11-01-2020, 09:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After you got new set of spells at lvl 12 where did you go?
At level 12 I tried Scarecrows in West Karana. I had problems, but don't forget, I'm very bad and clumsy player.

I could kill a few and got one yellow bar, but every so often I would die. I did "con" one at start and it was yellow and I somehow just assumed they are all yellow. Well, no, some are red at lvl 12. No wonder I had problems. Also, I forgot I need to have the highest level pet or it will not do any damage...

Luckily I got some buffs to push me into 13. At 13 is much easier. I was camping these with my other Necro from 16-20 but with Bone Knight I started at 12. Nice! You need about 4 kills for a yellow bar. Pretty good XP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] My guess, at 16 there will be a massacre! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

All this is solo, need to try duo one of these days [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by pivo; 11-01-2020 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: No reason!
Closed Thread