Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 08:47 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Help with Gnoll Fangs Quest and Faction

Hello Everyone, looking for some help with an issue I am having with the Gnoll Fang Quests and faction.

I recently created a Half-Elf rogue (Agnostic) and started her in Qeynos. I have been killing Gnolls and getting fangs and I turned a bunch in Qeynos. Then I noticed turning them in lowers my faction with the rogue guild. I assume I shouldn't continue turning in the fangs in Qeynos as being a rogue I don't want to lower my faction with the rogue guild so I decided to head to Halas. When I got close to Halas I was actually smart and conned one of the guards and it said he regarded me threatening so I turned around right away.

So now I am not sure how to proceed with the gnoll quest. It's good xp for my lvl 8 rogue and would like to continue doing the quest for her but not sure if I can or should.
I did some reading in the forums and it sounds like it isn't easy to build up faction with Halas, especially for a lvl 8 rogue. So I am wondering if it is really worth trying to go this route?
The other question would be if I continued turning the quest in Qeynos will I still be ok with the rogue guild as it would require an insane amount of turn-ins to make them hate me? or I shouldn't turn the fangs in there anymore?

Any help would be much appreciated as I would still like to get the xp from this quest but if I need to drop it I will and move on someplace else.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

The rogue guild faction is easily fixed by murdering Karana Bandits in the next few levels. Don't sweat it too much.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:06 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rogue guild faction is easily fixed by murdering Karana Bandits in the next few levels. Don't sweat it too much.
Thanks for the response.
I am going to turn in my fangs and hopefully faction is still good enough to train at the rogue guild and then build that faction back up with the bandits. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-09-2020, 10:11 PM
Skeleton

you can turn fangs into the halas warrior guild (Lysbith McNaff three at at ime) as well for faction, and the reward is only positive
Old 10-09-2020, 11:32 PM
Kobold

As a rogue, you can turn in quests using the Hide / Sneak method from behind the quest giver, no matter your faction, unless for some reason, a higher faction than Indifferent is required. In the case of Lysbith, she will accept gnoll fangs at dubious, so no problem there.

If you are still worried about your Sneak skill or some other concern (like if you Hail her, she'll turn, notice you and murder you), you could gather polar bear skins or wrath orc wristbands for Cindl until you are no longer threatening to the Wolves of the North, and then feel safer turning in your fangs there.
Old 10-10-2020, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Are you sure that you're KOS to barbarian guards as an agnostic half elf rogue? That doesn't seem right.

The -Circle of Unseen Hands faction from the Qeynos gnoll fang quest turn in should be pretty small.

If you're concerned you can repeat the beginning of this simple quest to gain Circle of Unseen Hands faction. You'll lose a tiny bit of guard/merchant faction but you'll be gaining that from killing gnolls anyways.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

There are also plenty of other Rogue guilds throughout Norrath so even if you need a guild and have trashed your faction with the Qeynos guild you can just go use a different one.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:46 PM
Skeleton

Agnostic half-elf rogues start at threateningly with Halas guards/warrior faction. Fixed by single turn-in of gnoll fangs. Sneak-hide behind quest giver, drop hide and do turn-in.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:02 AM
Orc

The Halas warrior guild is actually very easy when it comes to fangs, i could turn them in at a dubious faction.
As a rogue you just have to use sneak though to get an indifferent faction for any turn in and any NPC. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2020, 11:07 AM
Banned

Screw the Unseen Hands lol

Chance are you'll not be going back to Qeynos for some bit since rogues aren't really the most "optimal" soloer

The easier and more accessible rogue guilds in Norrath are in Rivervale, Kelethin, and Freeport (thought it is quite strange to get there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Hope this helps
Closed Thread