Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 01:29 PM
Aviak

Default will Pantheon be the Death of p99?

what Do you guys think, will everyone who loves the classic MMO experience be prone to gravitating towards the latest and greatest from Brad McQuaid?

some peeps are anti subscription fees.
some peeps are here for the nostalgia

how many people have to be interested in p99 to keep this thing running?
if blue looked like red and if red was dead will my p99 account stay in limbo without use and can everyone with a fungi tunic seriously think about letting me keep it warm.

to be honest I do not expect an immediate abandonment of p99.
and to be even more honest i dont know who is keeping this thing running and what it cost but i salute you!

so glad this is here.

and to that i say, Good Day!
Old 06-21-2018, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Server pop will dip and rise again when everyone realizes brad has produced another glittery turd
Old 06-21-2018, 01:34 PM
Banned

In the first week I think the server population will be halved.

After that, most of them will come back.

I appreciate Pantheon and hopes it does well, but I don't know if it will hit that sweet spot like a lot of us think it will.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think P99 is going to lose many to unreleased vaporware.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:08 PM
Banned

Pantheon game play will be unconscionably boring because they are trying to make it difficult and group oriented like EQ, but with modern style. Eq is excruciatingly boring but the art is solid and the rudimentary anesthetic let's us fill in huge swathes with our imagination.

Simply put, game play won't be fun.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

I find much of the allure of P99 is that I can play it on my nine year-old laptop.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:17 PM
Kobold

Pantheon will probably never be released so I don't think it will have much impact.

Even if it is released though, I don't think it fills the same space as EQ. EQ is a warm blanket, a place we are all familiar with and comfortable. We play it because of nostalgia and because it conjures up echoes of the feelings we had when we played it the first time around, when we had no idea how huge an online world could be.

I hope Pantheon is released and is everything we all hope it will be, but in the meantime I am not getting my hopes up.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

I just wanna know how many $10,000 backers Pantheon had. I went to the site for the first time and couldn't believe someone would drop that kind of cash. I'm guessing only a handful, but I'd love to know.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:14 PM
Sarnak

For many people it'll be a good opportunity to retire from P99. P99 is the largest EQEmu server 5-10x over considering the amount of boxing on other servers, so it aint going anywhere
Old 06-21-2018, 03:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wanna know how many $10,000 backers Pantheon had. I went to the site for the first time and couldn't believe someone would drop that kind of cash. I'm guessing only a handful, but I'd love to know.
I'm not super surprised to be honest. A lot of us started EQ in our early- to mid-teens. In the ensuing 19 years we have had a chance to become successful in our professional lives. I would also make a very self-serving assumption that successful EQ players are probably at least marginally more intelligent than the general population. If i had any faith that Pantheon would actually be released I could see myself putting a couple grand toward it.
Closed Thread