Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2020, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

Default Relaxing druid leveling path. (blue)

I'm looking for some relaxing druid leveling suggestions! I am in no rush to level ASAP. I am currently level 10 and trying to figure out a fun path to take while watching movies with my SO. Any recommendations for the most fun spots you leveled? A spot you either found relaxing or just really fun! I read through the guides but wanted some personal opinions from people. This would be all solo leveling or at most a duo.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

I know what you're thinking, but really, check out the Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in sig) ... and I say that as a personal opinion.

I like relaxing spots too, and I leveled a Druid to 60, so if you click the Druid filter on the Per-Level guide you're going to find lots of such spots. Mostly they'll be "relaxing" in the sense that you'll charm fight two mobs (or maybe do two such fights in a row, depending), or do a quad of mobs ... and then relax and meditate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

If you want relaxing in the "root/rot one mob while being completely safe the whole time" sense ... I think you'll find that's mind-numbing slow compared to charming/quadding (or even grouping), and as a result it will be hard to find people who've done it.

But all that doesn't start until you really get into the class and can start charming, which I remember being a "late teens in the Karanas" deal (although I guess some people charm mammoth calves in Everfrost earlier?) The point is, at 10 you're still kinda in Wizard mode, so the class plays differently, and you just want to do whatever, wherever, to get to "real Druid" levels.

Finally, to answer the "really fun" part: alligators in Cazic Thule. I stayed in that zone for like ten levels and wrote two mini-guides for the "alligator pit" and "alligator alley" because I loved them so much. It's not relaxing, but it's great/fast XP, keeps you on your toes, and really teaches you how to charm fight well, use Harmony to pull well, etc.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-29-2020 at 11:37 AM..
Old 01-29-2020, 02:06 PM
Kobold

I really enjoyed charming in stonebrunt. I started there at 40 but I think you could begin there as early as 35.

Charming in Oasis is fun too (snakes and gators).

Some people might recommend OT around 30 but it wasn’t for me. Too many resists, too many adds, and too many bards. But quadding there is certainly an option if you have the mana.

50+ I really enjoyed soloing BnB in solb. By then I had a few clickies that made the job a lot easier.
Old 01-29-2020, 02:24 PM
Sarnak

Get your ass to WK, the spot marked 3North on the map (approximately +1000, -7000). http://wiki.project1999.com/Western_Karana

There are 4 bandits that spawn there and don't roam. There are a couple more that path just south of them. Sit to the north and nothing will aggo you, you can afk for an hour.

Harmony will let you single pull them. You can stay there until 16. I'm now looking for a new spot that was as relaxing as that was (although currently doing the http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Acolyte quest, eruds crossing and freeport zombies dropped flesh in first couple kills, killed 20+ greenblood zombies and nothing yet...).

Gonna try charm kiting in Everfrost once I'm done with that. My CHA sucks balls though (base 50 for halflings) but I'm not sure if that influences druid charm or not (I've seen both sides argued).

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 01-29-2020, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

A little more info for that camp.

Get a bind in Qeynos at the bank. About 1 in 4 bandits will drop a bandit sash. Turn them in to this guy: http://wiki.project1999.com/Bandit_Sashes

You'll get a random bronze weapon and xp, the weapon will sell for 1-6 plat. About every 6 bandits you'll also get a bronze weapon to sell (seems most of their weapons are rusty though, just let those rot). You can make pretty decent plat for the level there.

The only time I encountered another person at the camp was a shaman that came in and blew everyone up before noticing I was camping them. She was very sorry but we both laguhed it off. Point is, even some higher level PCs will come by and farm them for some quick cash if they're passing through.

Old 01-30-2020, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

If you are grinding lazy (like I do) on single mobs and alt-tabbing over to watch Youtube you need a high xp modifier zone and a safe place to do it.

Kurns, Upper Guk, Unrest, Sol B, Highkeep, etc.

Blackburrow isnt the best but you can hand in the fangs if you can sneak or have the right faction. Sadly I spent 9 levels there and couldnt with my wizard.
Old 01-30-2020, 05:38 PM
Sarnak

I don't think any of the druid races start off with bad enough faction that they can't turn in gnoll teeth, but halflings at least get sneak. Don't think the other ones do though.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm looking for some relaxing druid leveling suggestions! I am in no rush to level ASAP. I am currently level 10 and trying to figure out a fun path to take while watching movies with my SO. Any recommendations for the most fun spots you leveled? A spot you either found relaxing or just really fun! I read through the guides but wanted some personal opinions from people. This would be all solo leveling or at most a duo.
There are 4 gators spawns in upper guk next to the spiders. They're all lv 10-13. If you sit by the scryer room you can farm 3 of them then run to the alcove to get the 4th.

Once you're done there, head to 3way, there's 2 crocs there and another 3 closer to the AC spawn, they're all lv 13-15. Another 2 gators by Tempus if you want to walk. You can ding 19 there easy.

After that Aviaks in Lake Rathe. There is a single spawn always lv 18, and the doubles are lv17/20. You can split them easy with lev and harmony. Lots of room to kite.

Then north to South Karana, kite gnolls by the spires and turn in gnoll scrolls. This can take you to 50 if you want, although it will take you like 40 scrolls per level in the high 40s.
Old 01-31-2020, 11:02 AM
Sarnak

Some awesome suggestions so far. Never tried a few of these spots so will give it a go! Started off with the orcs in south ro. Those were pretty fun and ez.
Old 01-31-2020, 10:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspomwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gonna try charm kiting in Everfrost once I'm done with that. My CHA sucks balls though (base 50 for halflings) but I'm not sure if that influences druid charm or not (I've seen both sides argued).
It doesn't.
Closed Thread