Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Min/Max race depends at least somewhat on playstyle. The value of the Ogre bash resist racial depends directly on how often the character gets hit in melee. It does nothing at all for a character who isn't being directly attacked. For soloists it's nice to have. Those Shamans who generally have someone else taking the hits are better-served with a regeneration racial ability.

Danth
Frontal Stun Immunity is still great in groups. If you are the CCer, root breaks happen. Slow generates a lot of agro, and mobs can sometimes move over to you. Troll regen is even less effective in groups when you are not being hit. 2-3 Torpors will regen your entire health pool (unless you are BiS geared with aego, then 4 maybe). This means you have less time under max hp, because you are not getting hit. You are only losing HP to Canni, and therefore regen even less than solo play.

The regen is still better used in solo play, during long fights such as WW dragons. In a 15 minute fight, you get 1200hp, which is a nice little boost. But again, from much solo experience, I find the Frontal Stun Immunity more of a lifesaver, since a bad set of Torpor interrupts means death.
Old 05-25-2020, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

You don't need frontal stun immunity or regen to hit level 60 with BIS on this server or any other.

Let that sink in.

It's not necessary.

That said frontal stun immunity is nice, but the cost is steep, you are ugly and your butt will forever itch in shame.
Old 05-25-2020, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't need frontal stun immunity or regen to hit level 60 with BIS on this server or any other.

Let that sink in.

It's not necessary.

That said frontal stun immunity is nice, but the cost is steep, you are ugly and your butt will forever itch in shame.
I said twice in this thread FSI it is not a requirement for Shamans. This is a Min/Max thread, so determining which racial benefit is best is a valid point to make. All Shamans with Torpor can solo the same stuff. But Min/max means you want that extra 5% success rate on average, or whatever it comes out to be.

Also, Ogres look awesome. And my Ogre Shaman's last name is Wipesalot for a reason[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 05-25-2020 at 11:16 AM..
Old 05-25-2020, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, Ogres look like shit and have the worst bear form
Fixed it for you
Old 05-25-2020, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed it for you
Ogres look awesome, especially mine[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But I 100% agree, brown bear is the least attractive of the bear forms.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
, I find the Frontal Stun Immunity more of a lifesaver, since a bad set of Torpor interrupts means death.
So cast it between bashes/kicks.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So cast it between bashes/kicks.
Of course, but you can't always do that[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And what about multiple mobs? Pretty tough to time 2-3 mobs attacking you and bashing you simultaneously.

Untimely root breaks happen, Slow resists happen, etc. FSI is great for those situations where you have to act fast. Of course if you are in full control of the mob, FSI or Regen won't matter too much, due to the power of a Shaman.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 05-25-2020 at 03:10 PM..
Old 05-25-2020, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Usually the mobs will all be reaching you at about the same time. So you should be free to cast after the round of combat without any trouble. I think at the end of the day a random stun or two was the difference between winning and losing, it was a stupid fight in the first place and you were just hoping to get lucky. Your spells could have been resisted, you could have also just been interrupted from the bashes as well.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Usually the mobs will all be reaching you at about the same time. So you should be free to cast after the round of combat without any trouble. I think at the end of the day a random stun or two was the difference between winning and losing, it was a stupid fight in the first place and you were just hoping to get lucky. Your spells could have been resisted, you could have also just been interrupted from the bashes as well.
I am not talking about "normal" situations, where the mobs are single pulls, the mobs are easy, you can cast at max distance, or you get no resists on your spells. When you are fighting a high risk fight, with 2+ monsters, every bit of damage mitigation and interruption prevention helps. I keep saying all Shamans can solo the same stuff. But having FSI allows you to recover from unlucky situations better; such as multiple resists when pulling multiple mobs, unlucky sets of interrupts and fizzles, etc.

FSI simply makes bad situations more manageable. This saves you HP and Mana, which is good for the current fight, and good for future fights if you are trying to keep respawn timers down.

Also, sometimes "dumb" fights are fun, if you want to stretch how far your Shaman can fight. Which again, is what Min/Max is all about[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 05-25-2020 at 05:43 PM..
Closed Thread