Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 04:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The list command needs to be restricted by account or preferably IP or you will just have guys listing up multiple toons/accounts and handing it off that way, made even easier for them since they don't even need the next toon online to officially hand the camp to them.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by toasteroven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you talking about? There are plenty of known classic mechanics that are being deliberately circumvented.

What's with the elitist finger pointing? Are you having some type of personal issue and feeling down about yourself? I'm talking about classic mechanics
The goal of this project is not 100% classic mechanics. They've stated many times that when classic mechanics cause a non-classic atompshere, recreating the atmosphere is more important.

When manastones and guises were dropping on live, most players didn't know/care what that was. Nobody knew that they would get nurfed / stop dropping. Extreme poop-socking / permanent camping / handing off camp to friend/guild was not widespread.

On green, because people know exactly when these things will be changed, and the everyone knows about them (and people want them just because other people want them, in many cases... ) you can not have classic environment with classic mechanics.

People wanting 100% classic mechanics are in the minority, and more importantly, are not on the same side as the devs on this topic, so you might as well get over it.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue Server
The blue server will always be open and remain at its current point in the timeline, with possibly some custom content being added to keep things interesting in a 'classically inspired' style.
This is really awesome news! Excited to see what you all cook up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-13-2019, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

This feels like a virgin...or something.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:12 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I want to address a few misconceptions I've seen about the Lists.

The items will still be going to those that put the time in. This is not a "Casual" mechanism. This is a "Fair playing field for those that can put the time in". You will need to be the appropriate level that we pre-determine to add to the list. You need to stay ONLINE and in the zone or near the camp. You need to pass AFK Check Mechanisms. You can only loot it once. Etc. This system is purely to prevent the same people or group of people from holding the camp for days or weeks at a time and stocking up the items for themself and their friends/guildies.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Last edited by Rogean; 09-13-2019 at 04:15 PM..
Old 09-13-2019, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

Thanks Rogean and Nilbog and everyone else, you guys rock.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

Sounds like the "list" concept is meant for legacy items with impending nerf dates not all rare drops. Just the ones that have a limited time to drop before disappearing forever
Old 09-13-2019, 04:29 PM
Aviak

The list idea is great, but are you saying once you get in the list, do your time, and loot the item, you can never get another one? Or you can reapply and go to the bottom of the list and wait all over again? I hope its the latter, otherwise that kind of kills green for me at least. I'm not looking to get 15 of any mega rare item, but having one for myself and one to sell or hold over until blue was something I was really hoping for :P
Old 09-13-2019, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Just want to say thanks for this. Only discovered Project 1999 this year so I'm quite delighted at the chance to restart on a fresh server where I won't be so far behind everyone. Started playing EQ towards the end of the Velious lifecycle too so it will be really interesting to see what it was like before then. Just hope I can get the playtime to do it justice.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

I love you devs!! Thanks for making my wildest dreams come true.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Closed Thread