Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 03:36 PM
Kobold

Devs that give us do their very best and I am thankful for it all!
With that said. Its pretty bad days before classic release to remove pet bought spells from vendor and not verifying people can research the pets.

Feels abit rushed and not thought into. Again I am still grateful for this project. Just asking for abit more thoughtfulness. And perhaps not always listen to a few very vocal nerf advocates.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:54 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am looking into the exact recipes required to craft the 'missing' pet levels, to make ensure both the research components and trivials are correct.

However, I am having trouble finding specifics on the following combines:

Minor Conjuration: Earth 34
Minor Conjuration: Water 34
Lesser Conjuration: Air 39
Lesser Conjuration: Fire 39
Greater Conjuration: Earth 49

These are some tabs I have open:

http://www.watson.org/~wander/eq/spells.html

http://www.eqtraders.com/recipes/rec...r=080105000000
http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~guardian/res-mag.html
http://www.oocities.org/valmirvonreed/MageWord.htm
https://web.archive.org/web/20010418...t=10&mode=list

I see the wiki lists components for these pet levels, but no source as to where the entries came from. (am I missing something here?)

The OP link also doesn't provide recipes/components for these combines.

I am actively looking into this situation, so any additional research will help.

Thanks!
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=339230&page=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:04 PM
Sarnak

I just popped in to say that despite these mage research issues being a miserable experience for me, I am super grateful to every member of this project's staff for all you've done and achieved. Thank you.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleztheAndal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just popped in to say that despite these mage research issues being a miserable experience for me, I am super grateful to every member of this project's staff for all you've done and achieved. Thank you.
Definitely share 100% of this sentiment. Thanks for all of your hard work team. I'll be sharing some of my next paycheck with the project for sure.

After experiencing this first had (lvl 35 mage here), I actually really like the idea of research only pets at first. It FORCES you to choose which pets to purchase out of supply/demand. I think next iteration this is fine if we fill in the gaps for research.

It would also be prudent to adjust the drop rates. I do not think they accounted for compounding component requirements (e.g. Words of Dimension needed for EVERY tier pet). Not "classic" but certainly important for class viability.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by randal.flagg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely share 100% of this sentiment. Thanks for all of your hard work team. I'll be sharing some of my next paycheck with the project for sure.

After experiencing this first had (lvl 35 mage here), I actually really like the idea of research only pets at first. It FORCES you to choose which pets to purchase out of supply/demand. I think next iteration this is fine if we fill in the gaps for research.

It would also be prudent to adjust the drop rates. I do not think they accounted for compounding component requirements (e.g. Words of Dimension needed for EVERY tier pet). Not "classic" but certainly important for class viability.
It's more tedious than fun in my opinion, but mostly thegame we have here, is defenetly not meant to work witht hat 100% research pet mechanic.

Last night we went for server first Ishva, we played hours in Paw. Not a single component of any class dropped there, its not even itemized in that place.

If one day we want a better experience. Maybe the solution is to adjust the drop rates and also change the spell scroll components for something else. This way you dont need tons of copy of each words.

Maybe the game could read you have the spell memorize in spellbook or something. But defenetly this system was just crazy and not intended, this is why no other class have anything close to this. I dont think Verant intended shaman to have bette pets than magician [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread