Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 12:54 PM
Server GM

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There ya go. Thanks Llandris.

Side note, how old is that book? lol
Old 11-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Aviak

I think its reasonable, given the differences of classic and p99 (e.g. no subscription) that the Policy be different. We are talking about people here, not a game mechanic. I'm sure at the time, verant wanted to enforce their policy a certain way because thats how they wanted to build their community. Same thing for the P99 staff now, and because we have years of knowledge to update a Policy with.

On another note, seems like the GM responded quickly but what I don't see in your post is the outcome. Not trying to be combative here, but I also don't see examples of P99 GMs besides your own (which would help if you provided those.) If volunteer GMs are responding quickly to disputes thats awesome. If the outcome is not consistent with the Policy, then that's another problem.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:04 PM
Banned

In the Sirken era you could just doctor some recordings essentially framing people into being suspended.

Depends if you get a GM or the elf police.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:06 PM
Banned

didn't read

try red
Old 11-08-2019, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol that's great
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:10 PM
Sarnak

Non-highlighted part is interesting "Note: A "group" in this case is a party of one or more characters that are united in a common belief or goal and are capable of completing that goal" I am always in a group, even solo. So now i don't feel alone anymore when i'm soloing!
Old 11-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacidpenguin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So many threads recently where people seem to have the complaint of "I want to be a toxic player, but the GMs tell me not to be a toxic player, and this is somehow unfair!"

Didnt know how to sum up this post with few words and didnt want to waste too much time on it. Thanks!

The mental gymnastics in the post are... scary but extraordinary at the same time. Akin to watching a murdered kill someone.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:39 PM
Banned

Default The attitudes of people have changed as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didnt know how to sum up this post with few words and didnt want to waste too much time on it. Thanks!

The mental gymnastics in the post are... scary but extraordinary at the same time. Akin to watching a murdered kill someone.
The internet was a place out of societal norms and people let loose (despite marketing). Now, due to cellphones and ever increasing accessibility it has become the new normal. When its normal it is not the exception.

Yes, some people were like that. The net had no filter and you sometimes you got the raw nature of people. No law, no fear and no one really gave a damn about techno geek things. Here we are arguing about whats correct in the post social media boom, where grandma is on Facebook and your three year old niece surfs youtube.

When the majority was 18-40 year old males.. tell you to plug that bleeding pussy with a kotex.

Last edited by Mblake81; 11-08-2019 at 01:45 PM..
Old 11-08-2019, 01:50 PM
Kobold

Brevity is the essence of wit...