Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 08:07 PM
Kobold

Default Bard Help

Hi! As a person who has never even reached cap, much less touched a bard how would I go about playing a bard?
Any helpful low level quests? I plan on going Human. Any gear I should go for? How would I go about making macros and the like?
Old 11-25-2019, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

Starting in Qeynos or Freeport?
Gear you will want HP/MR/AC gear next most important stat is stamina

You will either want /stopsong, /cast1 for all your songs OR just make 1-8 hotkeyed to spellgems 1-8(you’ll have to double tap)

I’d highly recommend a Splitpaw hide mask for the MR and it’s a great worn lightsource that’s cheap. You’ll want to try and get MM lute and then drums. Bard gear isn’t terribly expensive.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Starting in Qeynos or Freeport?
Gear you will want HP/MR/AC gear next most important stat is stamina

You will either want /stopsong, /cast1 for all your songs OR just make 1-8 hotkeyed to spellgems 1-8(you’ll have to double tap)

I’d highly recommend a Splitpaw hide mask for the MR and it’s a great worn lightsource that’s cheap. You’ll want to try and get MM lute and then drums. Bard gear isn’t terribly expensive.
Maybe Freeport, might pick a baddy religion so I can quest in Neriak
Old 11-25-2019, 09:09 PM
Fire Giant

human agnostic bards are not kos to neriak guards (warrior guild), no need to be evil unless you wanna
Old 11-25-2019, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

And at lvl 11 you get the most powerful faction boost in the game, song adds +600 faction until you zone, camp, LD, die OR use the song on a new mob that’s on a different faction I can vendor in oggok as a woodelf with it without sneaking
Old 11-25-2019, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

As a bard go veeshan. Your the only class in the game who can and its just like being agnostic but cooler? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yeah bards only need tank stats.
Also bards have insane dps and group healing but people don't realize it.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:16 PM
Banned

Start in Kelethin, farm mobs till lvl 4 or 5, especially the bee's and skellies. Save bone chips and vendor the venom sacs (3g each) and rusty weapons until you can buy bags. Bone chip quest in Felwithe is great exp https://wiki.project1999.com/Bone_Chips_Felwithe. And bag vendors are usually in the class huts. Bags are 5g each. Buy your songs especially the dot and heal, and a lute and drum. Drum enhances selos and lute enhances heal when you have it equipped. But use a weapon to melee, and instrument during downtime. Hold down left mouse over your primary weapon slot and drag it on your hotbar. Do the same for the secondary slot and some inventory slots. That's so you can switch instruments. Its a bit tricky but you'll get faster with practice, and definitely worth. The heal song is amazing with a lute. At level 5 (maybe 4), head to orc hill and kill any blues you can, or group. Around level 6 try to kill stuff in CB or as soon as possible because of the ZEM bonus (zone experience modifier). It can be rough until you get your heal and learn to twist though. But after that its good. Try to get a nice weapon soon as you can, splintered club has a good ratio, and "warhammer" (6p), and there's a 15 plat 1hb at the "smithy hut" near warrior guild or whatever, I forget.

Get 8 bags soon as you can and also fill your bank with them and start saving every CB belt you can get, and eventually lego shoulder pads. Stock up your bank until its 100% full, should be around lvl 9 or 10. Then make one trip with all those bags, no food or anything to Kaladim and turn them in. You should be lvl 11 or so after that. Also loot everything you can find in CB and vendor it, including from rotting corpses that other people kill. The lego wrists vendor for 3g, and the small leather can go for up to 8g. It adds up and well worth it, even the cloth pieces. After that just repeat and try and get into groups, starting with wall / TM (taskmaster) then TR (throne room) around lvl 13. In the meantime just kill blues wherever you can.

Learn to twist by just casting another song as soon as one finishes. You should keep up at least 4 songs, your dot, heal, lvl 1 buff and the haste one (Jonathans whatever). Prioritize the heal and Jonathans but remember the rotation. The instrument modifier works by whatever you have equipped when the song ends.

Stats are opinion but I prefer CHA because it reduces song failures and especially helps with lull at later levels. And a failed lull can be a wipe. Sta is nice but overrated. Str isn't bad either since you'll be meleeing. Pick whatever you want. For gear try to get MM (mistmoore) drums eventually and a gypsy lute (also drops in MM). And you can buy banded or bronze if you want usually 1pp per ac. Spending plat on gear is worth it because you'll make alot more plat later and having gear will help you level much easier.

And since there's only 6 action slots (cancer) you're forced to either use that for stopsong macros or double tap and use those slots for instruments (you'll need all 6). I understand and agree with keeping things classic but having only 6 slots (especially since action binds don't work) and having to double tap is beyond stupid so I made a script that allows you to single tap so you can use those slots for instruments. You can get it here with a readme on how to use

edited to remove link
Last edited by Llandris; 11-26-2019 at 02:34 PM..
Old 11-25-2019, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand and agree with keeping things classic but having only 6 slots (especially since action binds don't work) and having to double tap is beyond stupid so I made a script that allows you to single tap so you can use those slots for instruments. You can get it here with a readme on how to use:

LINK

Its not technically "allowed" but its not a hack either. And all it does is make a bards life viable.
How is that classic? Or "not a hack"? Scripting is okay with the staff? It's a dangerous path Hazek.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:53 PM
Kobold

Thank you all for your help! I’m excited to give the class a small try tonight lmao. Quick question- Since I’m kinda free to go loads of places, is there any place in particular that I CAN’T go where an Evil deity could? Also I am kinda sad Prexus bards can’t wear the steel silk armor.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a bard go veeshan. Your the only class in the game who can and its just like being agnostic but cooler? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yeah bards only need tank stats.
Also bards have insane dps and group healing but people don't realize it.
Especially w no Clarity in-game yet Bard regensong w/ lute in incredibly useful for reducing group downtime

And yea you'll wanna invest in Banded and/or Bronze as Bard (ull be getting hit alot while pulling and on mez breaks)
Last edited by Vizax_Xaziv; 11-25-2019 at 11:58 PM..
Closed Thread