Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 08-06-2023, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

If you go to HK you can make about 1500-2k an hr reliably if you kill guards on all floors and vendor the fs swords. It's not the best I'm sure, and it requires you to have all the guards to yourself which is uncommon, but it's steady and you never have to leave the zone or deal with ec.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 08-06-2023 at 03:06 PM..
Old 08-06-2023, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you go to HK you can make about 1500-2k an hr reliably if you kill guards on all floors and vendor the fs swords. It's not the best I'm sure, and it requires you to have all the guards to yourself which is uncommon, but it's steady and you never have to leave the zone or deal with ec.
There is no way you are getting that much per hour in High Keep. That's 300 to 400 guards per hour in a zone with an 18 minute spawn time. There is ~30 to 35 guards. That math doesn't add up. It's more like ~500p an hour, which don't get me wrong is still good.
Old 08-06-2023, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanis999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have like 1k on all my characters combined, absolutely pathetic for multiple 60s. Is anyone willing to suggest some places where a 60 ranger (very geared) or wizard could farm plat? Giving ports is an obvious one but DAP has that mostly on lockdown. Shrunken goblin skull earring as wizard aoe nuking all the goblins might be best. Any better ideas?
Maybe try kedge mermaids? They should be on the old oot cyclops loot table. Dispel ‘em. Not sure if they’d wreck ya tho.
Old 08-06-2023, 07:42 PM
Kobold

Quadding wyverns in CS can make some decent plat for a wizard. Become familiar with the gems to learn which ones are used for the velious armors, keep those to auction and vendor the others. Save the wyvern hides and you can sell the stacks to players trying to grind up their tailoring. Only problem is that it's a popular xp spot for low 50s, but there are a bunch of spawns to go around as long as you aren't there during peak times.
Old 08-06-2023, 08:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably Hill Giants using track with ranger in Rathe MTNS
Can put down 5k in raw plat in a few hours if nobody else is challenging spawns
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 08-07-2023, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no way you are getting that much per hour in High Keep. That's 300 to 400 guards per hour in a zone with an 18 minute spawn time. There is ~30 to 35 guards. That math doesn't add up. It's more like ~500p an hour, which don't get me wrong is still good.
I've definitely made more than that per hour there. I can hit a couple hundred just on one cycle alone. Sometimes the guards can deliver like 10pp per kill between the sword and plat they drop. If you have time on the cycle you can also go out to Highpass and kill all the guards at the gate right there which deliver the same type of plat.

I agree you're not getting 1.5k per hour there, but it can definitely be more than 500pp per hour.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanis999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the ideas. What I learned mostly is it's less about winning big 10k+ items to sell and more about patiently raking in consistent cash flow. This was a big misconception on my part, bc I assumed everyone rich just won something supremely valuable and sold it.

Ranger is just geared in terms of damage output, not so much defense. Carrying baton of flame, swiftwind, and sky cloak.
With the classes you have yes. With something like an Enchanter or geared Shaman then yeah you're going to be solo farming big ticket items.
Old 08-07-2023, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thanks for the ideas. What I learned mostly is it's less about winning big 10k+ items to sell and more about patiently raking in consistent cash flow..
This has generally been my experience. I have never gone out of my way to farm cash drops, sell MQs, EC mule, port whore or whatnot. I mostly focused on playing and having fun. The cash accumulates naturally. I won a few big drops here and there but typically used the item vs selling.

I never got rich but my characters geared out naturally with time/effort and the surplus did help to finance some nice alts.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-08-2023, 11:59 AM
Skeleton

Update:

I've got a pretty good Droga system now involving both characters. Droga is great for the ranger to hunt in (once you learn which mobs to expect DS on and dispell), but the big problem is selling your goods. Nearest merchant is in LOIO.

Solution is to bind the wizard outside Droga with 5 empty slots. Ranger fills up 5 bags with shiny stuff. Ground transfer to the wizard in a discreet location. Wizard ports to WC to sell, gates back, gives empty bags back to Ranger.

Eliminating the long run makes the whole process smoother.

P.S. I have a ton of goblin skins and death salts to sell. PST Blazetree or Rolldeep if you want to buy.
Old 08-08-2023, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

Farming SRO AC or peggy cloaks is gonna be about 10x more time efficient than grinding random FS/Goblins. It does take some know-how though.

However, the absolute fastest, if dubious, way to make money at 60 is to just join a raid guild and bid on dropable loot. This is how most guilds fund themselves for a reason.